Golfers from Tydd St Giles take part in charity fundraising
- Credit: Archant
More than 60 golfers from Tydd St Giles took part in an annual Christmas competition followed by a festive lunch.
The winner of the 14 hole stableford competition with 32 points was Chris Woods and the competition was followed by a carvery and a cheque presentation to Make Them Smile.
Make Them Smile raises funds to help children under the age of 18 with a wide range of adverse medical conditions.
Crystal Eggleston, trustee for the charity, received a cheque of £3613, which included a donation of £500 from club captain Vinney Day’s captains charity.
Organiser Roy Pesterfield was also pleased to announce that over the last year, the senior section had raised a grand total of £4546 for charities including Cancer Research and Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The event took place on Tuesday December 18.
- 1 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 2 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 3 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 4 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 5 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 6 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 7 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 8 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 9 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 10 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community