Golfers from Tydd St Giles take part in charity fundraising
- Credit: Archant
More than 60 golfers from Tydd St Giles took part in an annual Christmas competition followed by a festive lunch.
The winner of the 14 hole stableford competition with 32 points was Chris Woods and the competition was followed by a carvery and a cheque presentation to Make Them Smile.
Make Them Smile raises funds to help children under the age of 18 with a wide range of adverse medical conditions.
Crystal Eggleston, trustee for the charity, received a cheque of £3613, which included a donation of £500 from club captain Vinney Day’s captains charity.
Organiser Roy Pesterfield was also pleased to announce that over the last year, the senior section had raised a grand total of £4546 for charities including Cancer Research and Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The event took place on Tuesday December 18.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 Town rallies in fight for new hospital