Golden Girls of Tilney St Lawrence donate thousands to British Heart Foundation and Youngminds UK charities
- Credit: Archant
The Golden Girls of Tilney St Lawrence presented a cheque for £3,700 to the charity Youngminds UK.
The ladies who worked hard throughout last year organising many different events are Margaret Butler, Chris Johns, Anne Thompson, Chris Brown, Sandra Simpson, Daphyn Hopkisson, Marion Hodges, and Chris Pomfret.
Daphyn Hopkisson, of the Golden Girls, said: “We are a group of mainly retired ladies that run monthly quizzes, occasional bingo, beetle drives, afternoon teas and one or two other activities to raise money for chosen charities.
“In 2017 we raised £7,400 in all - £3,700 was given to Young minds UK and the other £3.700 is to go to the British Heart Foundation.”
A spokesman for YoungMinds UK said: “The charity exists so that young people have the strongest possible voice in improving their mental health.
You may also want to watch:
“We need your help to make sure that voice is heard.”
Visit www.youngminds.org.uk for more information.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week