Golden Girls of Tilney St Lawrence donate thousands to British Heart Foundation and Youngminds UK charities
- Credit: Archant
The Golden Girls of Tilney St Lawrence presented a cheque for £3,700 to the charity Youngminds UK.
The ladies who worked hard throughout last year organising many different events are Margaret Butler, Chris Johns, Anne Thompson, Chris Brown, Sandra Simpson, Daphyn Hopkisson, Marion Hodges, and Chris Pomfret.
Daphyn Hopkisson, of the Golden Girls, said: “We are a group of mainly retired ladies that run monthly quizzes, occasional bingo, beetle drives, afternoon teas and one or two other activities to raise money for chosen charities.
“In 2017 we raised £7,400 in all - £3,700 was given to Young minds UK and the other £3.700 is to go to the British Heart Foundation.”
A spokesman for YoungMinds UK said: “The charity exists so that young people have the strongest possible voice in improving their mental health.
You may also want to watch:
“We need your help to make sure that voice is heard.”
Visit www.youngminds.org.uk for more information.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph