Wisbech victim GoFundMe appeal: ‘He was an ordinary person from a little village in Lithuania, with a big heart and a hard life’
- Credit: eyJpdiI6IjY3Q1NjTW5pRGh3M01seW83UmRIU1E9PSIsInZhbHVlIjoibUJJMlpISGhkS0FZZVphcTBsY0dzNXdsUnJnQVpSVExRVVZQRHFnNVpVTHNMdzZ6Z3oyT0JEQklYMXJsYUpwNiIsIm1hYyI6IjVmOGYxOWUyOWRjZWIyNDRhYzc1NTA0YjQ0Y2U4YjA5MmNkMDNiZjk0NDQyMDMxMmRkZDVmNGU2YTliZmMzZTMifQ==
Over £1,200 has been raised in 48 hours to help the family of the man killed during a ‘brutal assault’ in Wisbech.
With two men now charged with his murder, an appeal has been launched to help pay for his funeral.
The GoFundMe appeal has been set up to help the family of Mindaugas Arlauskas “who unfortunately, left us on the 9th of May 2020”.
It adds: “If you could help with the tragedy and devastation of Mr. Arlauskas’ family, they would really be grateful and appreciate your donation in these unforeseen times.
“Even if it’s a small donation, or just a prayer, it would help the family out a lot”.
The appeal fund – with a target of £2,000 – carries a heartfelt message about the victim.
“It’s sad to say our farewells to an always happy, friendly, mindful and a childish Mindaugas,” it says.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 4 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 5 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 6 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 7 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 8 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 9 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
“He was just an ordinary person from a little village in Lithuania, with a big heart and a hard life.
“However, he had a big smile on his face, regardless the situation. His eyes are now shut, Heart not beating, and the world will never witness his contagious smile... Rest In Peace Mindaugas, we will always remember you”.
The appeal concludes: “If you could, please share a little bit of your heart for this cause. Thank you everyone for your time.
“All donations will go straight to his family. Bless you all.”
Mindaugas Arlauskas, 28, of Prince’s Road, Wisbech, died following what police described as a “brutal assault”.
In a tribute Mindaugas’ family said: “We are devastated by the sudden loss of our beloved son. He was much loved by us and our family and will be deeply missed.”
The two men charged with his murder appeared via video link at Cambridge magistrates’ court on May 12 and were remanded in custody. A further hearing took place on May 14 at Cambridge Crown Court.
The body of Mr Arlauskas was discovered at 5.10am on Saturday May 9 outside an industrial unit in Sandall Road.
A post mortem examination carried out by Dr Ben Swift at Peterborough City Hospital concluded he died as a result of blunt force trauma to the head.
Tomas Lazdauskas, 23 of Milner Road, Wisbech and Donatas Umbrasas, 27 of Albany Road, Wisbech, have both been charged with murder.
The arrests follow a major police hunt following the discovery of Mr Arlauskas’s body in a hedgerow in Sandall Road.
To donate, visit: www.gofundme.com/f/raising-money-to-fund-for-mr-arlauskas039-funeral