Wisbech victim GoFundMe appeal: ‘He was an ordinary person from a little village in Lithuania, with a big heart and a hard life’
- Credit: eyJpdiI6IjY3Q1NjTW5pRGh3M01seW83UmRIU1E9PSIsInZhbHVlIjoibUJJMlpISGhkS0FZZVphcTBsY0dzNXdsUnJnQVpSVExRVVZQRHFnNVpVTHNMdzZ6Z3oyT0JEQklYMXJsYUpwNiIsIm1hYyI6IjVmOGYxOWUyOWRjZWIyNDRhYzc1NTA0YjQ0Y2U4YjA5MmNkMDNiZjk0NDQyMDMxMmRkZDVmNGU2YTliZmMzZTMifQ==
Over £1,200 has been raised in 48 hours to help the family of the man killed during a ‘brutal assault’ in Wisbech.
With two men now charged with his murder, an appeal has been launched to help pay for his funeral.
The GoFundMe appeal has been set up to help the family of Mindaugas Arlauskas “who unfortunately, left us on the 9th of May 2020”.
It adds: “If you could help with the tragedy and devastation of Mr. Arlauskas’ family, they would really be grateful and appreciate your donation in these unforeseen times.
“Even if it’s a small donation, or just a prayer, it would help the family out a lot”.
You may also want to watch:
The appeal fund – with a target of £2,000 – carries a heartfelt message about the victim.
“It’s sad to say our farewells to an always happy, friendly, mindful and a childish Mindaugas,” it says.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son
“He was just an ordinary person from a little village in Lithuania, with a big heart and a hard life.
“However, he had a big smile on his face, regardless the situation. His eyes are now shut, Heart not beating, and the world will never witness his contagious smile... Rest In Peace Mindaugas, we will always remember you”.
The appeal concludes: “If you could, please share a little bit of your heart for this cause. Thank you everyone for your time.
“All donations will go straight to his family. Bless you all.”
Mindaugas Arlauskas, 28, of Prince’s Road, Wisbech, died following what police described as a “brutal assault”.
In a tribute Mindaugas’ family said: “We are devastated by the sudden loss of our beloved son. He was much loved by us and our family and will be deeply missed.”
The two men charged with his murder appeared via video link at Cambridge magistrates’ court on May 12 and were remanded in custody. A further hearing took place on May 14 at Cambridge Crown Court.
The body of Mr Arlauskas was discovered at 5.10am on Saturday May 9 outside an industrial unit in Sandall Road.
A post mortem examination carried out by Dr Ben Swift at Peterborough City Hospital concluded he died as a result of blunt force trauma to the head.
Tomas Lazdauskas, 23 of Milner Road, Wisbech and Donatas Umbrasas, 27 of Albany Road, Wisbech, have both been charged with murder.
The arrests follow a major police hunt following the discovery of Mr Arlauskas’s body in a hedgerow in Sandall Road.
To donate, visit: www.gofundme.com/f/raising-money-to-fund-for-mr-arlauskas039-funeral