Goalkeeper Ryan Rayner leaves Wisbech Town after claiming he was ‘unfairly treated’
GOALKEEPER Ryan Rayner has left Wisbech Town after claiming he was “unfairly treated” by the Fenmen.
The 21-year-old was dropped for Saturday’s 1-1 draw with FC Clacton and has now told Wisbech boss Steve Appleby that he will be “unavailable to play for the club”.
In January, Appleby brought in former Holbeach United shot-stopper Ricky Lovelace as cover for Rayner, who is unable to play in midweek matches.
Lovelace impressed during his first appearances for the Fenmen and was selected ahead of the 6ft 5in Rayner on Saturday.
Wisbech’s FA Vase campaign has left them with an influx of midweek games and Appleby said he wanted to avoid changing his ‘keeper on a such a regular basis.
Former Kettering Town and Stevenage ‘keeper Rayner had signed for the Fenmen in the summer.
- 1 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Academy students pitch to the ‘dragons’ for new sports club
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 8 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 9 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 10 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet