Goalkeeper Ryan Rayner leaves Wisbech Town after claiming he was ‘unfairly treated’
GOALKEEPER Ryan Rayner has left Wisbech Town after claiming he was “unfairly treated” by the Fenmen.
The 21-year-old was dropped for Saturday’s 1-1 draw with FC Clacton and has now told Wisbech boss Steve Appleby that he will be “unavailable to play for the club”.
In January, Appleby brought in former Holbeach United shot-stopper Ricky Lovelace as cover for Rayner, who is unable to play in midweek matches.
Lovelace impressed during his first appearances for the Fenmen and was selected ahead of the 6ft 5in Rayner on Saturday.
Wisbech’s FA Vase campaign has left them with an influx of midweek games and Appleby said he wanted to avoid changing his ‘keeper on a such a regular basis.
You may also want to watch:
Former Kettering Town and Stevenage ‘keeper Rayner had signed for the Fenmen in the summer.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 7 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer