Go on, spoil yourself- and win a great day out
THEY RE under starter s orders – and will soon be off. Yes, horse racing at Huntingdon Racecourse is back. And we have teamed up with the racecourse to offer five pairs of tickets for the Bank Holiday races. After the summer break, the tapes will go up fo
THEY'RE under starter's orders - and will soon be off. Yes, horse racing at Huntingdon Racecourse is back.
And we have teamed up with the racecourse to offer five pairs of tickets for the Bank Holiday races.
After the summer break, the tapes will go up for the traditional curtain raiser on Bank Holiday Monday (August 31), with the first race at 2.10pm.
It's a family fun race day with lots of children's and family entertainment on offer. Racecourse mascot Hugo the Hound will also be joining in the fun, greeting visitors to the racecourse.
You may also want to watch:
As well as general admission, there is a special family package available only by booking in advance - two adults and two children (and free ice cream for the children) for �20.
This must be booked online, by visiting www.huntingdon-racecourse.co.uk and quoting 'icecream09'.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
We've saddled up with the racecourse in an easy-to-enter competition for readers to win tickets for the big day.
Our five winners will each receive two adult admission badges for the Main Enclosure - and remember youngsters aged under 18 are admitted at no charge. Car parking is free too.
To enter, all you have to do is correctly answer the following question:
What is the name of Huntingdon Racecourse's mascot?
Send your answer, on a postcard with your name, address and daytime contact number, to Huntingdon Races Competition, 51 High Street March, PE15 9JJ. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is next Friday (August 14).
Bank Holiday Monday 'Race card'
First race 2.10pm. Admission gates open at 12.10pm.
Admission: �15 adults, �8 picnic car park, accompanied under 18s free. Parking free.
Order tickets by calling 0844 579 3007, or online at www.huntingdon-racecourse.co.uk.