Glennfield Care Home’s spring fair raises more than £600
- Credit: Archant
Friends and relatives of residents at Glennfield Care Home in Wisbech helped to raise more than £600 at its spring fair.
The money raised will go towards the Glennfield Residents’ Comfort Fund which is used to pay for day trips, entertainment and luxuries in the home.
Amanda Scott, activity co-ordinator and gardener, said: “It was very busy all afternoon and we had quite a lot of people come in throughout the day.
“Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Garry Tibbs, also supported the fair and drew the raffle for us.
“We had some car boot stalls, craft stalls and refreshments in the foyer. There was also an egg hunt to keep the children occupied.”
You may also want to watch:
Local companies also donated prizes for the raffle and tombola.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Teacher’s 1,000 press-ups charity challenge in friend's memory
- 8 We want to end the season now, states Fenmen chairman
- 9 Hammers and knives, drug driving and Covid-19 breaches lead to arrests
- 10 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600