Glennfield Care Home’s spring fair raises more than £600
- Credit: Archant
Friends and relatives of residents at Glennfield Care Home in Wisbech helped to raise more than £600 at its spring fair.
The money raised will go towards the Glennfield Residents’ Comfort Fund which is used to pay for day trips, entertainment and luxuries in the home.
Amanda Scott, activity co-ordinator and gardener, said: “It was very busy all afternoon and we had quite a lot of people come in throughout the day.
“Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Garry Tibbs, also supported the fair and drew the raffle for us.
“We had some car boot stalls, craft stalls and refreshments in the foyer. There was also an egg hunt to keep the children occupied.”
You may also want to watch:
Local companies also donated prizes for the raffle and tombola.
- 1 E-scooter rider charged with drink driving
- 2 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 3 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Victim claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 6 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 7 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 8 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 9 Cookie firm praised by reality TV star Vicky Pattison opens new counter
- 10 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'