Glennfield Care Home’s spring fair raises more than £600
- Credit: Archant
Friends and relatives of residents at Glennfield Care Home in Wisbech helped to raise more than £600 at its spring fair.
The money raised will go towards the Glennfield Residents’ Comfort Fund which is used to pay for day trips, entertainment and luxuries in the home.
Amanda Scott, activity co-ordinator and gardener, said: “It was very busy all afternoon and we had quite a lot of people come in throughout the day.
“Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Garry Tibbs, also supported the fair and drew the raffle for us.
“We had some car boot stalls, craft stalls and refreshments in the foyer. There was also an egg hunt to keep the children occupied.”
You may also want to watch:
Local companies also donated prizes for the raffle and tombola.
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 6 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 7 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer