Striding out for residents at a Wisbech care home
- Credit: Archant
Energetic walkers ranging from a toddler to an 80 year old walked from Wisbech to Sutton Bridge and back again to raise money for a care home.
The team of 12 took around eight hours to trek the 22 miles.
They raised more than £600 in the process which will be used for resident activities and the comfort fund for Glenfield Care Home residents in Wisbech.
Katie Doiley, lifestyle coordinator at Glenfield in Moneybank, said: “The walk was organised by Wendy Lincoln our home administrator, and it was a really enjoyable event.
“We raised a lot for a really great cause. Big thanks go to our main supporters who are L&H fruits, Fenland Hygiene, Allpress Farms and Bidfood.”
You may also want to watch:
The next fund raising event at the home is a Christmas fayre on Saturday December 1 from 1 to 4pm. All welcome.
Then on Wednesday December 7 there is bingo at Walsoken Village Hall. Doors open at 6.30pm for a 7pm start.
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
Glenfield Care Centre is a purpose built 84-bedded home, which opened in November 2008.