Striding out for residents at a Wisbech care home
- Credit: Archant
Energetic walkers ranging from a toddler to an 80 year old walked from Wisbech to Sutton Bridge and back again to raise money for a care home.
The team of 12 took around eight hours to trek the 22 miles.
They raised more than £600 in the process which will be used for resident activities and the comfort fund for Glenfield Care Home residents in Wisbech.
Katie Doiley, lifestyle coordinator at Glenfield in Moneybank, said: “The walk was organised by Wendy Lincoln our home administrator, and it was a really enjoyable event.
“We raised a lot for a really great cause. Big thanks go to our main supporters who are L&H fruits, Fenland Hygiene, Allpress Farms and Bidfood.”
You may also want to watch:
The next fund raising event at the home is a Christmas fayre on Saturday December 1 from 1 to 4pm. All welcome.
Then on Wednesday December 7 there is bingo at Walsoken Village Hall. Doors open at 6.30pm for a 7pm start.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
Glenfield Care Centre is a purpose built 84-bedded home, which opened in November 2008.