Striding out for residents at a Wisbech care home
- Credit: Archant
Energetic walkers ranging from a toddler to an 80 year old walked from Wisbech to Sutton Bridge and back again to raise money for a care home.
The team of 12 took around eight hours to trek the 22 miles.
They raised more than £600 in the process which will be used for resident activities and the comfort fund for Glenfield Care Home residents in Wisbech.
Katie Doiley, lifestyle coordinator at Glenfield in Moneybank, said: “The walk was organised by Wendy Lincoln our home administrator, and it was a really enjoyable event.
“We raised a lot for a really great cause. Big thanks go to our main supporters who are L&H fruits, Fenland Hygiene, Allpress Farms and Bidfood.”
You may also want to watch:
The next fund raising event at the home is a Christmas fayre on Saturday December 1 from 1 to 4pm. All welcome.
Then on Wednesday December 7 there is bingo at Walsoken Village Hall. Doors open at 6.30pm for a 7pm start.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
Glenfield Care Centre is a purpose built 84-bedded home, which opened in November 2008.