Caring Daisy, 7, to donate hair to help children's charity
- Credit: GoFundMe/Choel Edwards
A seven-year-old girl who has already smashed her target ahead of her charity haircut is “overwhelmed” with the reaction she has received so far.
For the first time, Daisy Hawkins of Elm will take to the chair on Saturday, May 22 and donate 30cm of her hair to the Little Princess Trust, while simultaneously raising funds for the charity.
Since a GoFundMe page was launched on May 14, Daisy has raised over £100 and although she has no set target in mind, she could not be happier with the feedback to date.
“Daisy has decided that she would like to donate her hair because not every little girl is as lucky as she is,” Choel Edwards, Daisy’s mum, said.
“We have no set goal, but we’re just looking for as much support and awareness as possible to support her and this wonderful charity.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so overwhelmed with the reaction so far; Daisy has been refreshing the page all weekend and beams when she sees a new donation!”
Daisy’s haircut will take place at the All About You hair and beauty salon in Wisbech.
To donate, visit Daisy’s GoFundMe page at: https://bit.ly/3eQmssX.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 7 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 8 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire