Getting across the message
A Wisbech supermarket has joined forces with a major charity for a two-week campaign. Meningitis UK is linking up with Asda to help raise awareness of the disease and to support the charity s research to find a vaccine to eradicate it. Chris Ferguson, e
A Wisbech supermarket has joined forces with a major charity for a two-week campaign.
Meningitis UK is linking up with Asda to help raise awareness of the disease and to support the charity's research to find a vaccine to eradicate it.
Chris Ferguson, events
co-ordinator at the Wisbech store, is keen to promote awareness of this disease after his 26-year-old daughter suffered from meningitis two years ago before making a full recovery.
You may also want to watch:
Meningitis UK's giant awareness trailer is in the Asda car park, highlighting symptoms of the disease and the need to act quickly with the warning statement "Meningitis can kill in under 4 hours."
As part of the campaign, information including wallet-sized symptoms cards, are available from the customer service desk and baby changing rooms.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
# Our picture show Chris Ferguson at the awareness trailer with two representative of Meningitis UK, Pat Britton, left, and Sue Kerridge.
Picture: BRIAN PURDY 4387