Generous donations to hospital ward
AN extra £500 than planned was handed to a hospital ward on Saturday by two women, who held a charity auction in memory of a friend. Ann Proctor and Lily Bailey s auction, held on May 26, had raised almost £1,500 for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital s Shouldh
AN extra £500 than planned was handed to a hospital ward on Saturday by two women, who held a charity auction in memory of a friend.
Ann Proctor and Lily Bailey's auction, held on May 26, had raised almost £1,500 for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital's Shouldham Ward.
But, before they handed the money to hospital staff, they received a further £500 from Wisbech-based Fenland Hygiene Supplies, which is run by Mrs Bailey's son, Andrew Thorpe.
Staff at Fenland Hygiene held a charity golf tournament to raise the money, and their donation meant that £1,931 was presented to the King's Lynn hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday's presentation, at the Bell pub in Walsoken, included a light buffet for visitors and entertainment supplied by Roy McManus, who runs the Algethi guest house in Lynn Road, Wisbech.
Mrs Proctor, of Leverington, and Mrs Bailey, of Wisbech, held the auction in memory of Mrs Bailey's partner Tom Lancaster. He was taken care of in the Shouldham Ward before his death three months ago.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 10 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom