Marshland St James’ Bank House opens two-acre gardens to the public for charity
- Credit: Archant
Bank House in Marshland St James is opening up their two-acre garden to members of the public to raise money for charity.
The luxury house on Middle Drove is opening up as part of the National Garden Scheme (NGS) on Sunday, August 26.
A spokesman said: “Bank House is an exuberant and established two acre garden, with a range of growing conditions from damp shade to dry gravel.
“It is set in the heart of the Fens and is the most westerly NGS garden to be open in Norfolk, and the only NGS garden in Norfolk and Cambridgeshire to be open on August 26.
“The garden comprises: ornamental grass garden, bog garden, new pond, formal lawn, mixed borders, veg and fruit areas, patios, terraces and a variety of picturesque secret spaces.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been a challenging summer for keen gardeners however the recent rain has provided a welcome boost to growing conditions.”
This isn’t the first time Bank House has opened up for charity, last year they attracted over 200 visitors and raised more than £1,400 for charity.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
The spokesman added: “We are on course to double those totals this year. The NGS has been organising garden opening since 1927, and since then it has raised over £50 million for charities including: Macmillan Cancer Support, Marie Curie Cancer, Hospice UK, Carers Trust, Parkinson’s UK, and the Queen’s Nursing Institute.
For more information, visit: www.ngs.org.uk/find-a-garden/garden/34028/