Garden party in Gorefield raises more than £1500 for Addenbrooke’s Hospital
- Credit: Archant
It was the perfect day for Marie Humphrey who held a garden party in Gorefield to raise money for charity in aid of Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
And not only did the sun shine as the community gathered at Marie's house, but kind-hearted neighbours and friends donated more than £1,500 to her cause.
The 69-year-old initially wanted to hold a coffee morning to say thank you to the hospital for looking after her when she got sick from an auto-immune condition earlier this year.
But the fundraising idea soon escalated into something bigger as more people got involved.
"It was just a perfect day," Marie said.
You may also want to watch:
"The weather was amazing and there were more than 100 people who turned up, from friends and relatives to neighbours.
"I was taken into Addenbrooke's in February with my auto-immune condition and it was the worse I had it in 14 years.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
"The care I received from everyone there was absolutely superb, I was so thankful."
Teas, coffee, sausage rolls and cake were dished up as children could enjoy party games, stalls and a bouncy castle.
Live music was also performed throughout the day by Joey Clifton and Stan on the guitar.
Marie added: "I would like to thank my wonderful friends who helped me throughout last week as their support was unbelievable.
"I would definitely like to do something like this again."