Garden party in Gorefield raises more than £1500 for Addenbrooke’s Hospital
- Credit: Archant
It was the perfect day for Marie Humphrey who held a garden party in Gorefield to raise money for charity in aid of Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
And not only did the sun shine as the community gathered at Marie's house, but kind-hearted neighbours and friends donated more than £1,500 to her cause.
The 69-year-old initially wanted to hold a coffee morning to say thank you to the hospital for looking after her when she got sick from an auto-immune condition earlier this year.
But the fundraising idea soon escalated into something bigger as more people got involved.
"It was just a perfect day," Marie said.
You may also want to watch:
"The weather was amazing and there were more than 100 people who turned up, from friends and relatives to neighbours.
"I was taken into Addenbrooke's in February with my auto-immune condition and it was the worse I had it in 14 years.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
"The care I received from everyone there was absolutely superb, I was so thankful."
Teas, coffee, sausage rolls and cake were dished up as children could enjoy party games, stalls and a bouncy castle.
Live music was also performed throughout the day by Joey Clifton and Stan on the guitar.
Marie added: "I would like to thank my wonderful friends who helped me throughout last week as their support was unbelievable.
"I would definitely like to do something like this again."