Gang of four armed with crowbars break into Outwell Post Office, stealing two tills and threatening shop worker
- Credit: Archant
Four hooded men armed with crowbars broke into the Post Office in Outwell on Friday night, stealing two tills and threatening a shop worker before fleeing towards Wisbech in a getaway vehicle.
“We are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding a robbery which happened in Outwell on Friday (6),” said a police spokesman.
“Just after 10pm four men entered the Post Office on Church Terrace with crowbars and threatened the shop worker.
“A fifth person waited outside the shop in what is believed to be a green Vauxhall Omega.
“The suspects have then stolen two tills before fleeing the scene in the getaway vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“It is then thought they have headed in the direction of Wisbech via Marsh Road.
“The four men who entered the shop are all described as wearing hoodies with their faces covered.”
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
Around 30 minutes later, in Wisbech, it is believed that five armed men entered a shop in Norwich Road. It is not yet known whether the two incidents are connected.
It also comes less than three weeks after a masked man armed with a shotgun stormed into Elm Village Store and stole £300 in cash. Elm is three miles away from Outwell.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or anyone with information, should contact DC Gail Morley at Norwich CID on 101.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or via their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org