Gallery: Wisbech Park venue for another amazing festival day
WISBECH Park rang to the sounds of a diverse array of music as well over a thousand people enjoyed the entertainment laid on by Wisbech Youth Council and Wisbech Town Council.
‘It was absolutely brilliant,’ said town Mayor, Councillor Nick Meekins.
“My family and I spent the whole day enjoying every moment as we watched Wisbech Band the Brink before they went off to do their Elme Hall gig.
“As the stage was being cleared and re-set for the amazing Chatteris Town (Silver) Band, Sara and I went over to the grass arena to watch the Bollywood dancers who were very graceful and beautiful.
“The Chatteris Band the played an incredible set as usual, finishing of with an amazing rendition of ‘Hey Jude’ by the Beatles.’
You may also want to watch:
“This was certainly the best of the best in Wisbech Park, and there was so much more to come. We enjoyed trying out Taekwon-do in the grass arena after the Band, and then we were treated to a magnificent session from the World Muzic makers from the African Heritage Centre in Thorney, who also did taster sessions in the grass arena.
“The main stage then came alive again to the sounds of the D.U.D.I Crew who are a very talented group of youth people working with Fenland Arts Association.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began
“Following them in vibrant succession came the Romantic Idols, with Clementine on drums, and the Leon Band with sound man Adam with amazing vocals. He and his crew also provided the sound for the event through his company Bubble Pulse Sound.
“We had a fantastic day and so did everyone else who came along. I certainly hope we can do this again next year.’
Town clerk Erbie Murat added: “What a day, what an event.”