Gallery: Wisbech Park venue for another amazing festival day
WISBECH Park rang to the sounds of a diverse array of music as well over a thousand people enjoyed the entertainment laid on by Wisbech Youth Council and Wisbech Town Council.
‘It was absolutely brilliant,’ said town Mayor, Councillor Nick Meekins.
“My family and I spent the whole day enjoying every moment as we watched Wisbech Band the Brink before they went off to do their Elme Hall gig.
“As the stage was being cleared and re-set for the amazing Chatteris Town (Silver) Band, Sara and I went over to the grass arena to watch the Bollywood dancers who were very graceful and beautiful.
“The Chatteris Band the played an incredible set as usual, finishing of with an amazing rendition of ‘Hey Jude’ by the Beatles.’
You may also want to watch:
“This was certainly the best of the best in Wisbech Park, and there was so much more to come. We enjoyed trying out Taekwon-do in the grass arena after the Band, and then we were treated to a magnificent session from the World Muzic makers from the African Heritage Centre in Thorney, who also did taster sessions in the grass arena.
“The main stage then came alive again to the sounds of the D.U.D.I Crew who are a very talented group of youth people working with Fenland Arts Association.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
“Following them in vibrant succession came the Romantic Idols, with Clementine on drums, and the Leon Band with sound man Adam with amazing vocals. He and his crew also provided the sound for the event through his company Bubble Pulse Sound.
“We had a fantastic day and so did everyone else who came along. I certainly hope we can do this again next year.’
Town clerk Erbie Murat added: “What a day, what an event.”