Gallery: Wisbech Park venue for another amazing festival day
WISBECH Park rang to the sounds of a diverse array of music as well over a thousand people enjoyed the entertainment laid on by Wisbech Youth Council and Wisbech Town Council.
‘It was absolutely brilliant,’ said town Mayor, Councillor Nick Meekins.
“My family and I spent the whole day enjoying every moment as we watched Wisbech Band the Brink before they went off to do their Elme Hall gig.
“As the stage was being cleared and re-set for the amazing Chatteris Town (Silver) Band, Sara and I went over to the grass arena to watch the Bollywood dancers who were very graceful and beautiful.
“The Chatteris Band the played an incredible set as usual, finishing of with an amazing rendition of ‘Hey Jude’ by the Beatles.’
You may also want to watch:
“This was certainly the best of the best in Wisbech Park, and there was so much more to come. We enjoyed trying out Taekwon-do in the grass arena after the Band, and then we were treated to a magnificent session from the World Muzic makers from the African Heritage Centre in Thorney, who also did taster sessions in the grass arena.
“The main stage then came alive again to the sounds of the D.U.D.I Crew who are a very talented group of youth people working with Fenland Arts Association.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 4 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
“Following them in vibrant succession came the Romantic Idols, with Clementine on drums, and the Leon Band with sound man Adam with amazing vocals. He and his crew also provided the sound for the event through his company Bubble Pulse Sound.
“We had a fantastic day and so did everyone else who came along. I certainly hope we can do this again next year.’
Town clerk Erbie Murat added: “What a day, what an event.”