Gallery: WISBECH: Mayoress hails town's Remembrance Day Parade a huge success
WISBECH Mayoress Susanah Farmer hailed the town s Remembrance Day parade a huge success. She said: We had an exceptionally good turnout. There were many veterans there and several young people from organisations like cadets and scouts. The weather was
WISBECH Mayoress Susanah Farmer hailed the town's Remembrance Day parade a huge success.
She said: "We had an exceptionally good turnout. There were many veterans there and several young people from organisations like cadets and scouts.
"The weather was kind to us and I believe that more than 200 people were there which is better than we've had for a long time."
A march went from the Market Place, through High Street and York Row to Castle Square.
You may also want to watch:
After the service at the war memorial and two minutes' silence the service moved off Union Place, Market Street to Church Terrace.
Following a church service at St Peter's Church the parade formed in Church Terrace for the return march and the mayor of Wisbech Jonathan Farmer took the salute as the parade passed the rostrum in the Market Place before unit commanders attended a civic party in St Peter's Church Hall.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 7 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 8 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm