Gallery: WISBECH: Mayoress hails town's Remembrance Day Parade a huge success
WISBECH Mayoress Susanah Farmer hailed the town s Remembrance Day parade a huge success. She said: We had an exceptionally good turnout. There were many veterans there and several young people from organisations like cadets and scouts. The weather was
WISBECH Mayoress Susanah Farmer hailed the town's Remembrance Day parade a huge success.
She said: "We had an exceptionally good turnout. There were many veterans there and several young people from organisations like cadets and scouts.
"The weather was kind to us and I believe that more than 200 people were there which is better than we've had for a long time."
A march went from the Market Place, through High Street and York Row to Castle Square.
You may also want to watch:
After the service at the war memorial and two minutes' silence the service moved off Union Place, Market Street to Church Terrace.
Following a church service at St Peter's Church the parade formed in Church Terrace for the return march and the mayor of Wisbech Jonathan Farmer took the salute as the parade passed the rostrum in the Market Place before unit commanders attended a civic party in St Peter's Church Hall.
- 1 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 2 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election