GALLERY: WISBECH- It's party time at Grammar School
A SPRING party for the elderly staged at Wisbech Grammar School attracted more than 40 local pensioners. Residents at Edina Court and St Augustine s day centre went back to school to tuck into refreshments and enjoy musical entertainment laid on by studen
A SPRING party for the elderly staged at Wisbech Grammar School attracted more than 40 local pensioners.
Residents at Edina Court and St Augustine's day centre went back to school to tuck into refreshments and enjoy musical entertainment laid on by students and staff.
Girls from years 10 and 11 acted as hostesses at the party, which was the first of its kind to be held at the school, and the food was prepared by Alison Sloan and her team of food and nutrition pupils from years eight and nine and sixth form.
The 44 party goers enjoyed a medley of musical performances by the pupils, which included both singing and flute recitals and a mixture of solos and ensemble pieces, and the flower arrangements on each table were prepared by 15-year-old Rose Ashby.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Jan Wildman, charities and community service organiser, said: "I am delighted at how well the afternoon has gone and how lovely it is to see the young mixing with the old. They were all happily chatting away with each other.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47