Gallery: Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club Road Run
CLASSIC and vintage vehicles from yesteryear took to the Fen roads for the Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club Road Run on Sunday. The 17th road run was a great success with commercial vehicles, classic cars and motorcycles completing the route fro
CLASSIC and vintage vehicles from yesteryear took to the Fen roads for the Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club Road Run on Sunday.
The 17th road run was a great success with commercial vehicles, classic cars and motorcycles completing the route from Wisbech to Peterborough and back.
Main sponsor for the event was Elgoods Brewery and money raised from a draw will be donated to the East Anglian Air Ambulance. Last year's draw raised more than �1,000.
Among the vehicles making the journey were a 1967 Leyland Super Comet used for hauling sugar beet until 1991; a 1962 BSA A10 Gold Flash, the last model produced from a long line starting in 1950 to 1962 and was one of the top bikes of its time; a 1955 Wolseley 4/44; and a 1931 Austin H12/4.
You may also want to watch:
The club was formed in 1989 by a group of enthusiasts and now has a membership of more than 100. Some members do not own historic vehicles but share an interest with those that do.
The age of vehicles owned by club members range from the 1920s to the 1970s commercial, vintage and classic cars. The club meets on the first Tuesday in every month at 8pm at The Three Tuns public house in Norwich Road, Wisbech.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
# For more information on the club contact secretary Fred Leach Tel 01354 695262.