Gallery: Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club Road Run
CLASSIC and vintage vehicles from yesteryear took to the Fen roads for the Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club Road Run on Sunday. The 17th road run was a great success with commercial vehicles, classic cars and motorcycles completing the route fro
CLASSIC and vintage vehicles from yesteryear took to the Fen roads for the Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club Road Run on Sunday.
The 17th road run was a great success with commercial vehicles, classic cars and motorcycles completing the route from Wisbech to Peterborough and back.
Main sponsor for the event was Elgoods Brewery and money raised from a draw will be donated to the East Anglian Air Ambulance. Last year's draw raised more than �1,000.
Among the vehicles making the journey were a 1967 Leyland Super Comet used for hauling sugar beet until 1991; a 1962 BSA A10 Gold Flash, the last model produced from a long line starting in 1950 to 1962 and was one of the top bikes of its time; a 1955 Wolseley 4/44; and a 1931 Austin H12/4.
You may also want to watch:
The club was formed in 1989 by a group of enthusiasts and now has a membership of more than 100. Some members do not own historic vehicles but share an interest with those that do.
The age of vehicles owned by club members range from the 1920s to the 1970s commercial, vintage and classic cars. The club meets on the first Tuesday in every month at 8pm at The Three Tuns public house in Norwich Road, Wisbech.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 10 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
# For more information on the club contact secretary Fred Leach Tel 01354 695262.