Gallery: West Anglia Wisbech College Annual Open Day
THERE was a chance to meet the animals and walk around the grounds at the College of West Anglia s Wisbech Campus on Saturday. The college held its annual Open Day with lots of free organised activities, displays and demonstrations which kept families amu
THERE was a chance to meet the animals and walk around the grounds at the College of West Anglia's Wisbech Campus on Saturday.
The college held its annual Open Day with lots of free organised activities, displays and demonstrations which kept families amused for hours.
While pony rides and equine displays kept children entertained, adults could buy bedding plants and admire the floristry demonstrations.
And those who were feeling brave could handle a snake or tortoise during tours of the Small and Exotic Animals Unit.
You may also want to watch:
There were also dog grooming demonstrations and craft stalls.
Tessa Batlle, Marketing Co-ordinator, said: "The college is not just about farming, it offers courses in a wide range of areas including floristry and veterinary nursing.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
"There was a chance for families to walk around the grounds and to find out all about the subjects on offer at the college.