Gallery: West Anglia Wisbech College Annual Open Day
THERE was a chance to meet the animals and walk around the grounds at the College of West Anglia s Wisbech Campus on Saturday. The college held its annual Open Day with lots of free organised activities, displays and demonstrations which kept families amu
THERE was a chance to meet the animals and walk around the grounds at the College of West Anglia's Wisbech Campus on Saturday.
The college held its annual Open Day with lots of free organised activities, displays and demonstrations which kept families amused for hours.
While pony rides and equine displays kept children entertained, adults could buy bedding plants and admire the floristry demonstrations.
And those who were feeling brave could handle a snake or tortoise during tours of the Small and Exotic Animals Unit.
You may also want to watch:
There were also dog grooming demonstrations and craft stalls.
Tessa Batlle, Marketing Co-ordinator, said: "The college is not just about farming, it offers courses in a wide range of areas including floristry and veterinary nursing.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
"There was a chance for families to walk around the grounds and to find out all about the subjects on offer at the college.