Gallery: Thomas Clarkson Community College Year 11 Prom 2008
PROM fever landed at the Thomas Clarkson Community College on Friday, when the Wisbech school s Year 11 students held their leaving prom. The near-300 students stuck to the traditional dress code of colourful ball gowns and colourful tuxedoes, to celebrat
PROM fever landed at the Thomas Clarkson Community College on Friday, when the Wisbech school's Year 11 students held their leaving prom.
The near-300 students stuck to the traditional dress code of colourful ball gowns and colourful tuxedoes, to celebrate leaving school.
They also arrived in style, with open-top sports cars, hotrods, luxury cars, limousines, a modern fire engine and Vivien the vintage fire engine some of the vehicles that went through the school gates. There were also a few students arrive on two wheels.
But some students chose the unusual - including a banger racing car, ice cream van and one of Fenland District Council's street cleaning vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
For a full report of the event, see this Friday's Wisbech Standard. For a gallery of almost 90 pictures, follow the link below.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition