Gallery: Thomas Clarkson Community College Year 11 Prom 2008
PROM fever landed at the Thomas Clarkson Community College on Friday, when the Wisbech school s Year 11 students held their leaving prom. The near-300 students stuck to the traditional dress code of colourful ball gowns and colourful tuxedoes, to celebrat
PROM fever landed at the Thomas Clarkson Community College on Friday, when the Wisbech school's Year 11 students held their leaving prom.
The near-300 students stuck to the traditional dress code of colourful ball gowns and colourful tuxedoes, to celebrate leaving school.
They also arrived in style, with open-top sports cars, hotrods, luxury cars, limousines, a modern fire engine and Vivien the vintage fire engine some of the vehicles that went through the school gates. There were also a few students arrive on two wheels.
But some students chose the unusual - including a banger racing car, ice cream van and one of Fenland District Council's street cleaning vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
For a full report of the event, see this Friday's Wisbech Standard. For a gallery of almost 90 pictures, follow the link below.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry