Gallery: THE EVENT: World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
THE EVENT: World s Biggest Coffee Morning, to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. WHAT IS MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT? An organisation set up to improve the lives of people affected by cancer. It provides practical, medical, emotional and financial su
THE EVENT: World's Biggest Coffee Morning, to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
WHAT IS MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT? An organisation set up to improve the lives of people affected by cancer. It provides practical, medical, emotional and financial support and it campaigns for better cancer care.
WHERE WAS THE EVENT HELD? At venues throughout Fenland hosted by schools, individuals, groups, businesses and organisations.
WHAT HAPPENED AT THE VARIOUS EVENTS? At most venues it was a chance for people to enjoy coffee and cakes. At Fraser Dawbarns in Wisbech staff held a lunch and raised more than £450. The Whittlesey branch of Barclays Bank boosted their coffee morning total by holding a sponsored leg wax for a male member of staff.
You may also want to watch:
WHO DESCRIBED HIMSELF AS "WELL CAFFEINED UP" AT THE END OF THE DAY? Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Jonathan Farmer, visited seven coffee mornings at St Peter's Junior School, VIP Hair Salon at Walsoken, The Oasis Centre, The Castle, Fenland Hall in March, Anglia Components and Somerfield in Horsefair, Wisbech.
WHICH WISBECH-BASED COMPANY HELD ITS 10TH COFFEE MORNING? Staff at Anglia Components have enjoyed organising the event for the last 10 years - they see it as a great chance to socialise and raise money for a good cause. Credit controller Beverly Downham said: "As a company we feel that Macmillan is a really good cause to support. Cancer could affect any of us at any time. We all know that the charity relies heavily on donations to fund the care that they give, so it is important we all do our bit to help.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 4 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 5 Showcase status for Academy
- 6 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 7 Drug dealer who led class A drugs line caught in police sting
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Baby abuse among paedophile’s 290,000 indecent images of children
- 10 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul