Gallery: The Event - Annual Flower Festival
THE EVENT The 46th Annual Flower Festival at Walpole St Peter s Church, one of the biggest annual flower festivals held in an English Parish Church. WHAT WENT ON? Every year, the church and gardens are filled with magnificent displays of traditional and
The 46th Annual Flower Festival at Walpole St Peter's Church, one of the biggest annual flower festivals held in an English Parish Church.
WHAT WENT ON?
Every year, the church and gardens are filled with magnificent displays of traditional and exotic flowers.
It is one of the oldest and grandest festivals of its kind and attracts visitors from across the East of England in the summer.
As well as generating a huge amount of local interest, in previous years the spectacular arrangements have also been featured on regional television.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 4 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 9 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 10 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
There were also stalls, raffles and live entertainment available in the church gardens.
WHO WAS THERE?
As well as a huge local event, groups and organisations arrive in the coach loads and make the special trip to admire the colourful and creative displays.
Spread over five days, those visiting the Fens over the weekend include Good Companions, Women's Institutes, Mother's Unions, over 60's, Flower and Gardening Clubs, Church Outings and Day Centres.
WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT THE VENUE?
Walpole St Peter Church is a stunning Fenland landmark which places the area in the major guide books in Great Britain.
The parish church which represents the Walpole villages is recognised as a masterpiece in 14th Century architecture.
It's well kept grounds and beautiful interior attracts visitors throughout the year in its own right.