Gallery: The Event - Annual Flower Festival
THE EVENT The 46th Annual Flower Festival at Walpole St Peter s Church, one of the biggest annual flower festivals held in an English Parish Church. WHAT WENT ON? Every year, the church and gardens are filled with magnificent displays of traditional and
The 46th Annual Flower Festival at Walpole St Peter's Church, one of the biggest annual flower festivals held in an English Parish Church.
WHAT WENT ON?
Every year, the church and gardens are filled with magnificent displays of traditional and exotic flowers.
You may also want to watch:
It is one of the oldest and grandest festivals of its kind and attracts visitors from across the East of England in the summer.
As well as generating a huge amount of local interest, in previous years the spectacular arrangements have also been featured on regional television.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
There were also stalls, raffles and live entertainment available in the church gardens.
WHO WAS THERE?
As well as a huge local event, groups and organisations arrive in the coach loads and make the special trip to admire the colourful and creative displays.
Spread over five days, those visiting the Fens over the weekend include Good Companions, Women's Institutes, Mother's Unions, over 60's, Flower and Gardening Clubs, Church Outings and Day Centres.
WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT THE VENUE?
Walpole St Peter Church is a stunning Fenland landmark which places the area in the major guide books in Great Britain.
The parish church which represents the Walpole villages is recognised as a masterpiece in 14th Century architecture.
It's well kept grounds and beautiful interior attracts visitors throughout the year in its own right.