Gallery: Superb performance by ten-man Wisbech
HOCKEY Men s Division 3NW Cambs South I 1 Wisbech II 1 LEE PECK came off the bench to set up Karl Belding s equaliser and earn Wisbech a point. The hosts led after five minutes but Peck s injection of pace allowed Belding to score before the interval. The
Men's Division 3NW
Cambs South I 1 Wisbech II 1
LEE PECK came off the bench to set up Karl Belding's equaliser and earn Wisbech a point.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts led after five minutes but Peck's injection of pace allowed Belding to score before the interval.
The post denied Wisbech a late winner.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
Men's Division 4NW
Horncastle I 4 Wisbech III 1
WISBECH were 2-0 down at half-time but Richard Claxton scored at the second attempt to make it 2-1.
Horncastle scored two late goals as Wisbech searched for an equaliser.
The tireless Jack Bass was man of the match.
Men's Division 5NW
Wisbech IV 2 St Ives IV 1
DESPITE starting with just 10 players Wisbech produced a superb performance.
In an end-to-end second half Alex Davis gave Wisbech the lead.
After St Ives bounced back James Turner scored the winner from two yards.
Paul Stephenson again played a huge part in an emerging Wisbech side.
NE14 Division 6NW(S)
St Neots IV 3 Wisbech V 3
A LATE Eliott Peck goal earned Wisbech a draw.
Earlier Howard Atkins had scored two goals from penalty corners, but the hosts led and were looking forward to going top of the table but Will Greenwood slipped the ball to peck to score just before the whistle blew.
Danny Howard impressed down the wing, Graham Dunn, George Carter and Isaac Chaplin-Barton played well in defence and Liam Irlam was superb in the Wisbech goal.
Ladies' Division 1N
Wisbech I 2 Bury St Edmunds I 0
GOALKEEPER Alysha Moat produced a player of the match performance to help Wisbech secure victory.
Jodi Peggs capitalised on poor defending to give Wisbech the lead before half-time and tireless captain Nat Ward competed the scoring after Leanne Williamson's shot was saved.
Two Wisbech debutants, Emma Baker and Gabbie Allsop, played well.
Wisbech II 2 Newmarket 2
ROMA COATES' first ever Wisbech goal earned her team a share of the spoils.
Newmarket led 2-0 and excellent saves from Tina Forder kept them in the game.
Lisa Williamson made it 2-1 before the break and Lorraine Parker and player of the match Jane Littlechild were strong in defence in the second half.
Coates confidently converted Kat Doyle's superb cross.