GALLERY: Summer-Louise, 3, who suffers from rare condition, gets first glimpse at her amazing Frozen-themed bedroom
- Credit: Archant
Summer-Louise got her dream Disney-themed bedroom on Saturday thanks to the generosity of the people of Wisbech.
The three-year-old girl’s bedroom has been decorated in the style of her favourite film, Frozen. Its centre-piece is a sleigh bed made by Walsoken plasterer Philip Doughty.
The room, which has been redecorated by Councillor Robert Maclaren, also a television and sensory lights.
Summer suffers from chiari malformation, which means the lower parts of her brain are pushed towards her spinal cord. This affects her mobility and causes her headaches.
To help the growth of her spine, she has to wear a brace.
You may also want to watch:
Her parents Michael and Peta put an appeal on Facebook for help finding a sleigh bed, which costs £1,000.
The response blew them away - people donated goods and money to create the special bedroom.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
Louise Chapman, on Facebook, posted: “Everyone has made Wisbech proud we can’t thank everyone enough.
“Thank you everyone for making my lil princess dream come true an for not letting lil man feel left out. It has been an amazing journey.”