GALLERY: Summer-Louise, 3, who suffers from rare condition, gets first glimpse at her amazing Frozen-themed bedroom
- Credit: Archant
Summer-Louise got her dream Disney-themed bedroom on Saturday thanks to the generosity of the people of Wisbech.
The three-year-old girl’s bedroom has been decorated in the style of her favourite film, Frozen. Its centre-piece is a sleigh bed made by Walsoken plasterer Philip Doughty.
The room, which has been redecorated by Councillor Robert Maclaren, also a television and sensory lights.
Summer suffers from chiari malformation, which means the lower parts of her brain are pushed towards her spinal cord. This affects her mobility and causes her headaches.
To help the growth of her spine, she has to wear a brace.
You may also want to watch:
Her parents Michael and Peta put an appeal on Facebook for help finding a sleigh bed, which costs £1,000.
The response blew them away - people donated goods and money to create the special bedroom.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
Louise Chapman, on Facebook, posted: “Everyone has made Wisbech proud we can’t thank everyone enough.
“Thank you everyone for making my lil princess dream come true an for not letting lil man feel left out. It has been an amazing journey.”