GALLERY: Summer-Louise, 3, who suffers from rare condition, gets first glimpse at her amazing Frozen-themed bedroom
- Credit: Archant
Summer-Louise got her dream Disney-themed bedroom on Saturday thanks to the generosity of the people of Wisbech.
The three-year-old girl’s bedroom has been decorated in the style of her favourite film, Frozen. Its centre-piece is a sleigh bed made by Walsoken plasterer Philip Doughty.
The room, which has been redecorated by Councillor Robert Maclaren, also a television and sensory lights.
Summer suffers from chiari malformation, which means the lower parts of her brain are pushed towards her spinal cord. This affects her mobility and causes her headaches.
To help the growth of her spine, she has to wear a brace.
You may also want to watch:
Her parents Michael and Peta put an appeal on Facebook for help finding a sleigh bed, which costs £1,000.
The response blew them away - people donated goods and money to create the special bedroom.
- 1 Couple 'treated like criminals' despite disabled carer Covid-19 shopping rules
- 2 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 3 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
Louise Chapman, on Facebook, posted: “Everyone has made Wisbech proud we can’t thank everyone enough.
“Thank you everyone for making my lil princess dream come true an for not letting lil man feel left out. It has been an amazing journey.”