GALLERY: Summer-Louise, 3, who suffers from rare condition, gets first glimpse at her amazing Frozen-themed bedroom
- Credit: Archant
Summer-Louise got her dream Disney-themed bedroom on Saturday thanks to the generosity of the people of Wisbech.
The three-year-old girl’s bedroom has been decorated in the style of her favourite film, Frozen. Its centre-piece is a sleigh bed made by Walsoken plasterer Philip Doughty.
The room, which has been redecorated by Councillor Robert Maclaren, also a television and sensory lights.
Summer suffers from chiari malformation, which means the lower parts of her brain are pushed towards her spinal cord. This affects her mobility and causes her headaches.
To help the growth of her spine, she has to wear a brace.
You may also want to watch:
Her parents Michael and Peta put an appeal on Facebook for help finding a sleigh bed, which costs £1,000.
The response blew them away - people donated goods and money to create the special bedroom.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 10 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
Louise Chapman, on Facebook, posted: “Everyone has made Wisbech proud we can’t thank everyone enough.
“Thank you everyone for making my lil princess dream come true an for not letting lil man feel left out. It has been an amazing journey.”