Gallery: PET OF THE YEAR: Here’s the result you’ve all been waiting for
THE Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard are ready to announce this year s winner of their Fenland Pet of the Year Competition. Hundreds submitted their vote for their favourite entry and the final totals were calculated this morning. Border collie Loopy Lou
THE Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard are ready to announce this year's winner of their Fenland Pet of the Year Competition.
Hundreds submitted their vote for their favourite entry and the final totals were calculated this morning.
Border collie Loopy Lou - entry 135 - has been crowned Fenland Pet of the Year for 2008.
"She is 14 months old and a real sweetie," said her owner Julie Hutton, of Leverington.
You may also want to watch:
Loopy Loo's photograph taken in this snowy setting will be transformed into a beautiful portrait by our columnist and Fenland artist Anita Davies.
The finished painting will be featured in the newspapers.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 8 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
Our team was inundated with nearly 150 entries from across the Fens and competition was tough.
Editor John Elworthy said: "The number of people taking part in the competition was outstanding.
"I am sure Anita will be able to transform this picture into a stunning painting of Loopy Lou."
Second place went to Daisy - entry 091 - a Chow from Summerfield Close, in Wisbech. English bull, Harley - entry 087 - of Outwell, came third.