Gallery: PET OF THE YEAR: Here’s the result you’ve all been waiting for
THE Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard are ready to announce this year s winner of their Fenland Pet of the Year Competition. Hundreds submitted their vote for their favourite entry and the final totals were calculated this morning. Border collie Loopy Lou
THE Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard are ready to announce this year's winner of their Fenland Pet of the Year Competition.
Hundreds submitted their vote for their favourite entry and the final totals were calculated this morning.
Border collie Loopy Lou - entry 135 - has been crowned Fenland Pet of the Year for 2008.
"She is 14 months old and a real sweetie," said her owner Julie Hutton, of Leverington.
You may also want to watch:
Loopy Loo's photograph taken in this snowy setting will be transformed into a beautiful portrait by our columnist and Fenland artist Anita Davies.
The finished painting will be featured in the newspapers.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Our team was inundated with nearly 150 entries from across the Fens and competition was tough.
Editor John Elworthy said: "The number of people taking part in the competition was outstanding.
"I am sure Anita will be able to transform this picture into a stunning painting of Loopy Lou."
Second place went to Daisy - entry 091 - a Chow from Summerfield Close, in Wisbech. English bull, Harley - entry 087 - of Outwell, came third.