GALLERY: Parson Drove Car, Bike and Trike show attracts huge variety of vehicles
POOR weather did not subdue car and bike fanatics last weekend as they turned up in droves to a Fenland auto show.
There were 156 entrants for the 14 awards up for grabs in the Parson Drove Car, Bike and Trike show which raised more than �2,000 for charities including the East Anglia Air Ambulance.
Terry Tibbs won the best classic car award with his Chevy pick up truck, Jay Budd’s Ford Zephyr was chosen as the best custom car and the best in show bike went to Donna Quarington’s Harley Davidson.
Best Classic Car, sponsored by R.T.Motors: Terry Tibbs with a Chevy pick-up truck.
Best Custom Car, sponsored by Parson Drove Post Office: Jay Budd with a Ford Zephyr.
Best Pre-50’s Classic Car, sponsored by Whittlesey Pine: Alan Smith with a Morris 8.
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 6 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 7 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
Best Kit Car, sponsored by Reader Electrical: Mr Brown with a Robin Hood.
Best Car in Show, sponsored by John & June Rose: Mark Vaughan with a Ford Mustang.
Best Classic Bike, sponsored by J.B.Bikes: A Stimpson with a Triton.
Best Custom Bike, sponsored by Fenland Choppers: O Laos with a Triumph Thunderbird.
Best Pre 50’s Classic Bike, sponsored by Harmony Roofing: G Allison with a Norton ES2.
Best Trike, sponsored by the Swan Inn: M Drobach with a Honda 750 Trike.
Best Scooter, sponsored by AB Glass & Windows: N Johnson with a Vespa PX200.
Best In Show Bike, sponsored by R P M Signs: Donna Quarrington with a Harley Davidson.
Best Paint Job, sponsored by D.J Elbury & Son: Ian Budd with a Rolls Royce.
Shed of the Show, sponsored by Guyhirn Tyres: K Kelner with a Landrover Ambulance.
Best Tractor sponsored, by Fishlocks Stables & Groundwork: G Short with a Massey Ferguson.
The winner of the Car Blow Up was Roger Salter predicting the time at 10mins 42 secs and the Speedo Reading competition was won by L Brodigan being the nearest to the correct answer with 685.