GALLERY: Parson Drove Car, Bike and Trike show attracts huge variety of vehicles
POOR weather did not subdue car and bike fanatics last weekend as they turned up in droves to a Fenland auto show.
There were 156 entrants for the 14 awards up for grabs in the Parson Drove Car, Bike and Trike show which raised more than �2,000 for charities including the East Anglia Air Ambulance.
Terry Tibbs won the best classic car award with his Chevy pick up truck, Jay Budd’s Ford Zephyr was chosen as the best custom car and the best in show bike went to Donna Quarington’s Harley Davidson.
Best Classic Car, sponsored by R.T.Motors: Terry Tibbs with a Chevy pick-up truck.
Best Custom Car, sponsored by Parson Drove Post Office: Jay Budd with a Ford Zephyr.
Best Pre-50’s Classic Car, sponsored by Whittlesey Pine: Alan Smith with a Morris 8.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 6 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 7 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
Best Kit Car, sponsored by Reader Electrical: Mr Brown with a Robin Hood.
Best Car in Show, sponsored by John & June Rose: Mark Vaughan with a Ford Mustang.
Best Classic Bike, sponsored by J.B.Bikes: A Stimpson with a Triton.
Best Custom Bike, sponsored by Fenland Choppers: O Laos with a Triumph Thunderbird.
Best Pre 50’s Classic Bike, sponsored by Harmony Roofing: G Allison with a Norton ES2.
Best Trike, sponsored by the Swan Inn: M Drobach with a Honda 750 Trike.
Best Scooter, sponsored by AB Glass & Windows: N Johnson with a Vespa PX200.
Best In Show Bike, sponsored by R P M Signs: Donna Quarrington with a Harley Davidson.
Best Paint Job, sponsored by D.J Elbury & Son: Ian Budd with a Rolls Royce.
Shed of the Show, sponsored by Guyhirn Tyres: K Kelner with a Landrover Ambulance.
Best Tractor sponsored, by Fishlocks Stables & Groundwork: G Short with a Massey Ferguson.
The winner of the Car Blow Up was Roger Salter predicting the time at 10mins 42 secs and the Speedo Reading competition was won by L Brodigan being the nearest to the correct answer with 685.