Gallery: Oasis Centre holds book sale and bake to raise money for the Centre Garden
IT took just two hours to raise �70 at the Oasis Centre s book sale and bake. The money will be used on the Oasis Centre s garden. All books that were not sold have been given to Chatteris man Paul Russell, who is set to travel to Mwandi, in south west Z
IT took just two hours to raise �70 at the Oasis Centre's book sale and bake.
The money will be used on the Oasis Centre's garden.
All children's books that were not sold have been given to Chatteris man Paul Russell, who is set to travel to Mwandi, in south west Zambia, to set up a book charity.
There were eight stalls and stall holders included Macmillan Cancer Support, the RSPCA and Wisbech Youth Council.
You may also want to watch:
Oasis Centre newsletter editor Annie Appleby said: "To raise �70 in just two hours is fantastic and I'd like to thank everyone for their generosity."
The next event at the Oasis Centre in Wisbech will be a clairvoyant evening, on April 23.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 8 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 9 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
Entry is �3.50 and tickets must be booked in advance by calling 01945 461526.