Gallery: Mayor pledges to raise towns profile
THE latest Mayor of Wisbech has his sights set on raising the profile of the town during his year in charge. Councillor Jonathan Farmer was installed as Mayor of Wisbech on Friday, ending the two-year reign of Councillor David Oliver in the process. Speak
THE latest Mayor of Wisbech has his sights set on raising the profile of the town during his year in charge.
Councillor Jonathan Farmer was installed as Mayor of Wisbech on Friday, ending the two-year reign of Councillor David Oliver in the process.
Speaking after Friday's ceremonies, Cllr Farmer said: "I'm really looking forward to it. It should be an exciting year.
"One of the things I shall do is try and expand people's knowledge of Wisbech. We are quite happy to travel reasonable distances - certainly as far as Luton - and raise the town's profile."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Farmer moved to Wisbech in 2000 and has served the Medworth ward of Wisbech Town Council since 2003, and Fenland District Council since 2001.
He is semi-retired, having worked as a design engineer and at the Treasury. He also served with the Army in Bosnia for six months, working as a staff officer on the operations fleet at the British Headquarters in Banja Luka.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
The new deputy Mayor is Councillor Yvonne Lawrence.