GALLERY: Mayor of Wisbech enjoys school’s production of The Wizard of Oz
THEY went to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz - watched by parents and the Mayor of Wisbech.
The Year 6 pupils at St Peter’s Junior School, Wisbech, performed the play as part of their leaving assembly last Wednesday.
Youngsters performed a dress rehearsal in the morning to fellow pupils before a show in the evening for parents, which was also attended by the Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Jonathan Farmer.
Kaisie Thorpe took the lead role as Dorothy while other performers included Manuel Agyemnag as Tinman, Jaibe Ashton as Scarecrow, Callum Elf as Lion and Keira Williams as the Wicked Witch of the West.
After performing, the children were presented with certificates and bibles by Cllr Farmer to celebrate their time at the school.
You may also want to watch:
School head teacher Judith Skelton described the performance as “absolutely fantastic”. She said: “The children worked very hard and we are all so proud of what they managed to achieve”.
Mrs Skelton had taken the children to see the play at the Palladium in London in April where Danny Whitby, a former pupil of the school, was conducting. She felt that the children’s visit to London had inspired them to put on a good show.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time