GALLERY: Mayor of Wisbech enjoys school’s production of The Wizard of Oz
THEY went to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz - watched by parents and the Mayor of Wisbech.
The Year 6 pupils at St Peter’s Junior School, Wisbech, performed the play as part of their leaving assembly last Wednesday.
Youngsters performed a dress rehearsal in the morning to fellow pupils before a show in the evening for parents, which was also attended by the Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Jonathan Farmer.
Kaisie Thorpe took the lead role as Dorothy while other performers included Manuel Agyemnag as Tinman, Jaibe Ashton as Scarecrow, Callum Elf as Lion and Keira Williams as the Wicked Witch of the West.
After performing, the children were presented with certificates and bibles by Cllr Farmer to celebrate their time at the school.
You may also want to watch:
School head teacher Judith Skelton described the performance as “absolutely fantastic”. She said: “The children worked very hard and we are all so proud of what they managed to achieve”.
Mrs Skelton had taken the children to see the play at the Palladium in London in April where Danny Whitby, a former pupil of the school, was conducting. She felt that the children’s visit to London had inspired them to put on a good show.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000