GALLERY: Mayor of Wisbech enjoys school’s production of The Wizard of Oz
THEY went to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz - watched by parents and the Mayor of Wisbech.
The Year 6 pupils at St Peter’s Junior School, Wisbech, performed the play as part of their leaving assembly last Wednesday.
Youngsters performed a dress rehearsal in the morning to fellow pupils before a show in the evening for parents, which was also attended by the Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Jonathan Farmer.
Kaisie Thorpe took the lead role as Dorothy while other performers included Manuel Agyemnag as Tinman, Jaibe Ashton as Scarecrow, Callum Elf as Lion and Keira Williams as the Wicked Witch of the West.
After performing, the children were presented with certificates and bibles by Cllr Farmer to celebrate their time at the school.
You may also want to watch:
School head teacher Judith Skelton described the performance as “absolutely fantastic”. She said: “The children worked very hard and we are all so proud of what they managed to achieve”.
Mrs Skelton had taken the children to see the play at the Palladium in London in April where Danny Whitby, a former pupil of the school, was conducting. She felt that the children’s visit to London had inspired them to put on a good show.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March