Gallery: March - Dramatic scenes as car crashes into a shop front following an accident
THESE are the first dramatic pictures from a two-car crash which closed part of March for 30 minutes, after one of the vehicles involved ended up in the front of a shop. The collision happened at 12.10pm in Dartford Road and involved a blue Ford Ka and a silver
THESE are the first dramatic pictures from a two-car crash which closed part of March for 30 minutes, after one of the vehicles involved ended up in the front of a shop.
The collision happened at 12.10pm in Dartford Road and involved a blue Ford Ka and a silver Vauxhall Corsa.
The Corsa ended up in the front of Margaret’s Sweet Shop, next to Selby and Taylor pharmacy on the corner of Marylebone Road. The impact smashed the bottom of the shop window, damaged the outside wall and caused a gas leak.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services – including police, the fire service, ambulance service, vehicle recovery crews and the National Grid – were forced to close the road to stop the leak and remove the Corsa from the front of the shop.
Two women were treated for shock by paramedics at the scene, and one was taken to hospital.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
The road was closed at 1pm, with diversions put in place around March, and was reopened to traffic at 1.30pm.
Crews are still in Dartford Road clearing the scene, with police community support officers controlling traffic.
It is not known at this time how much other damage has been caused at the shop.
Today’s accident came just five days after a pensioner suffered a broken collarbone at the pelican crossing outside Margaret’s Sweet Shop, in a collision with a car.
Residents expressed fears about highway safety along the short stretch of Dartford Road, while the emergency services cleared the scene.
“It’s a dangerous road and something should be done about it,” said one onlooker.