Gallery: Lisa makes the most of her two-minute 'trolley dash' around Aldi.
THE EVENT: Two-minute trolley dash around Aldi in Wisbech. WHY WAS IT HELD? The dash was part of Aldi s three-day Christmas fayre, which ran from Saturday until Monday. THE LUCKY SHOPPER? Lisa Richardson, of Chatteris, who was chosen as the winner i
THE EVENT: Two-minute 'trolley dash' around Aldi in Wisbech.
WHY WAS IT HELD? The 'dash' was part of Aldi's three-day Christmas fayre, which ran from Saturday until Monday.
THE LUCKY SHOPPER? Lisa Richardson, of Chatteris, who was chosen as the winner in a competition run by the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard.
WHAT HAPPENED? Lisa arrived at the store 15 minutes before opening time on Monday and was given the freedom of the store to grab as many items as possible from the shelves - except alcohol - for herself, her partner and two children over Christmas. Her shopping extravaganza was watched by a number of shoppers who gathered at the Sandyland store, ready to do their shopping.
You may also want to watch:
WHAT TYPE OF ITEMS DID LISA GRAB? "My Christmas meat was my priority and I've grabbed that," Lisa said. "And I managed to grab some Christmas pudding, but could not find the cakes. Anything else on top of that was a bonus.
"It was a lovely surprise and I cannot remember 'spending' so much money in two minutes."
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
THE TOTAL VALUE OF ITEMS? A whopping £179.41!
ANY UNUSUAL ITEMS? "I've just picked up some nappies and both my children don't wear them," said Lisa jokingly. "And I picked up a bag of frozen tuna steaks - but I've never eaten tuna before."
WHAT ELSE HAS THE STORE DONE? The first 100 customers through the tills on all three days of the fayre were treated to a bag of current 'Super Six' promoted products. On Saturday, shoppers could also sample cheeses available and on Monday there were Christmas products available to try. The band Serendipity also performed live music outside the store on Monday.
HOW ABOUT THE 1,000,000TH CUSTOMER? That was Vera and Len Cleverley, of Wisbech. They went through the tills at 12.55pm last Thursday and picked up a hamper packed with Christmas goods. A few shoppers nearby at the time were also given a bottle of champagne.