Gallery: High fashion at Newmarket Ladies Day
THE ladies of Cambridgeshire and beyond got their chance to showcase their floaty dresses and designer pashminas at an annual horse racing day devoted to the fairer sex.Outrageous hats and gorgeous shoes were all on show at the ever-popular Ladies Day a
THE ladies of Cambridgeshire and beyond got their chance to showcase their floaty dresses and designer pashminas at an annual horse racing day devoted to the fairer sex.
Outrageous hats and gorgeous shoes were all on show at the ever-popular Ladies Day at Newmarket Racecourse yesterday.
The renowned July Course was packed with racegoers for the Lanson Ladies' Day - proving that the world famous Royal Ascot event now has a rival in attracting female horse lovers and pundits alike.
Fortunately, the cloudy weather yesterday did not dampen any spirits with rain largely staying away from the home of horse racing.
You may also want to watch:
This left the ladies free to show off dresses and accessories to match as they battled it out to be crowned the best dressed lady and walk away with a year's supply of Champagne Lanson.
Dressing to impress, the action off the racetrack often took centre stage as thousands of racegoers turned out to transform Newmarket into a fashion paradise.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
Hats adorned with feathers and frills competed with chic dresses and flowing creations in chiffon and silk.
Today , the racecourse is expected to be heaving for the Darley July Cup when the attention turns to the best dressed couple.
The event will also see top jockey Richard Dunwoody at the racecourse to complete his mammoth charity challenge to walk the same half mile and back 1,000 times in 1,000 hours.