Gallery: Gorefield Show 2008
ORGANISERS of this year s Gorefield Show met their promises that it would be bigger and better than ever. After 45 successful years, visits to the annual Fenland show have become a tradition for hundreds of families. The programme of events began at 8am o
ORGANISERS of this year's Gorefield Show met their promises that it would be bigger and better than ever.
After 45 successful years, visits to the annual Fenland show have become a tradition for hundreds of families.
The programme of events began at 8am on Saturday for visitors to enjoy the activities, rides, displays and individual shows.
To start, competitors from across the country entered the pony show which is now a qualifier for the British Show Pony Society and Pony UK.
Heavy horses were also exhibited in the main ring with Shires, Percherons and Suffolk Punch taking centre stage.
There was also carriage driving, a vintage machinery and tractor display, the grand parade and classic cars and bikes.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
As well as the main ring, there were side shows and country stalls with delicious snacks and refreshments available.
Pets were welcome with a Kennel Club registered dog show offering a range of novelty and pedigree classes.