GALLERY: Gadabout Girls take over Tesco in Wisbech to sell copies of their charity calendar Women Through The Ages
- Credit: Archant
Members of a Wisbech society set up shop at Tesco for two days to sell copies of their charity calendar.
During their successful residency, The Gadabout Girls, who are members of Wisbech’s Red Hat Society, sold 80 copies of Woman Through the Ages.
The calendar recreates significant moments from women’s history, paying tribute to everything from the Suffragettes at the beginning of the 20th century to Girl Power in the 1990s.
The ladies have 100 copies left of their calendar to sell - once they achieve this, they will have reached their £4,000 fundraising target for Macmillan Cancer Support, a charity close to all their hearts.
Carol Faulkner, Queen Gadabout, said: “It was brilliant. We just wish we could have stayed for longer. Everybody was really happy to see us and customers were asking us to come back.
You may also want to watch:
“We sold 80 calendars, raising £800, over two days - we are delighted with that. It’s such a worthwhile cause.
“Thank you so much to everyone for supporting Macmillan Cancer Care and the management at Tesco for their hospitality.”
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
Calendars are available from Mendis Bar and Restaurant, The Cutting and Beauty Rooms, The Cats Pyjamas Emporium and Young Romantics Bridal.
You can also buy a calendar from Carol by calling 07710 444102 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org