GALLERY: Gadabout Girls take over Tesco in Wisbech to sell copies of their charity calendar Women Through The Ages
- Credit: Archant
Members of a Wisbech society set up shop at Tesco for two days to sell copies of their charity calendar.
During their successful residency, The Gadabout Girls, who are members of Wisbech’s Red Hat Society, sold 80 copies of Woman Through the Ages.
The calendar recreates significant moments from women’s history, paying tribute to everything from the Suffragettes at the beginning of the 20th century to Girl Power in the 1990s.
The ladies have 100 copies left of their calendar to sell - once they achieve this, they will have reached their £4,000 fundraising target for Macmillan Cancer Support, a charity close to all their hearts.
Carol Faulkner, Queen Gadabout, said: “It was brilliant. We just wish we could have stayed for longer. Everybody was really happy to see us and customers were asking us to come back.
You may also want to watch:
“We sold 80 calendars, raising £800, over two days - we are delighted with that. It’s such a worthwhile cause.
“Thank you so much to everyone for supporting Macmillan Cancer Care and the management at Tesco for their hospitality.”
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
Calendars are available from Mendis Bar and Restaurant, The Cutting and Beauty Rooms, The Cats Pyjamas Emporium and Young Romantics Bridal.
You can also buy a calendar from Carol by calling 07710 444102 or e-mailing email@example.com