Gorefield Show 2019: Hundreds step out for annual show in pouring rain as if it were a mid-summers day
- Credit: IAN CARTER
Hundreds braved the rain this weekend as they attended the annual Gorefield Show at the Fenland village playing field.
The bad weather didn't seem to dampen the atmosphere as everything continued as planned - with dozens taking part in this year's heavy and light horse events.
A spokesman said: "Thank you to everyone that braved the cold wet windy day and came to Gorefield Show. We are very grateful for all the support shown.
"A great deal of work goes into planning and putting on such a marvellous day and it wouldn't be possible without all the committee, helpers and local community support."
The annual celebration was, again, attended by North East Cambridgeshire MP and Brexit Secretary, Steve Barclay.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "It may have been wet and windy but lots of fun at the Gorefield Show today.
"A favourite was the musical chairs with the winner being the quickest dog to sit when the music stopped!
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 10 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
"Well done to all the volunteers locally who helped with organising and to everyone who supported."
1st prize Christopher Kimber | 2nd prize Mrs Sparrow | 3rd prize Will Wyles | 4th prize Lucy Pehl | 5th prize George Bradley | 6th prize Emily Monday.
7th prize Jeremy Hunter | 8th prize Hema | 9th prize Harold Reeve | 10th prize Tom Peggs | 11th prize Turner Roses | 12th prize Holly Turner | 13th prize Richard Peggs.
14th prize Simon Coates | 15th prize P. Hempeall | 16th prize Linda Dexter | 17th prize Bob Littlechild | 18th prize Lisa Slingsby | 19th prize Shirley Davies.
20th prize Holly Turner | 21st prize J Turner | 22nd prize Stan | 23rd prize Jonathan Blunt | 24th prize Edie Locke | 25th prize Joy Andrew.