GALLERY: Free children’s fun day at Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping Centre
FAMILIES flocked to the Horsefair Shopping Centre on Wednesday to enjoy a free children’s fun day.
As youngsters queued patiently to have their faces painted, they were entertained by a balloon modeller and took the chance to have a hug with Donald Duck.
Mr Rainbow performed two magic shows through the day at the Wisbech centre, with children watching in wonder as he made eggs appear and disappear.
Horsefair manager Kevin Smith said: “We had a wonderful turnout. This is the sixth year we have run the event at the end of the school holidays.
“The Horsefair put on this free community event and we are very pleased with the response. It is great to have the public space used for a community event right in the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
“Such a day brings people into town and that is what we need; it is very important.”
Other attractions included the 25ft high Spider Mountain climbing frame, recently shipped into the UK from America. Children also enjoyed making model dragonflies, with representatives of the RSPB.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
PCSOs Sam Dyer and Michelle Poulter were on hand to postcode mobile phones and cycles. They sold handbag and shed alarms and handed out free children’s activity books.