GALLERY: Free children’s fun day at Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping Centre
FAMILIES flocked to the Horsefair Shopping Centre on Wednesday to enjoy a free children’s fun day.
As youngsters queued patiently to have their faces painted, they were entertained by a balloon modeller and took the chance to have a hug with Donald Duck.
Mr Rainbow performed two magic shows through the day at the Wisbech centre, with children watching in wonder as he made eggs appear and disappear.
Horsefair manager Kevin Smith said: “We had a wonderful turnout. This is the sixth year we have run the event at the end of the school holidays.
“The Horsefair put on this free community event and we are very pleased with the response. It is great to have the public space used for a community event right in the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
“Such a day brings people into town and that is what we need; it is very important.”
Other attractions included the 25ft high Spider Mountain climbing frame, recently shipped into the UK from America. Children also enjoyed making model dragonflies, with representatives of the RSPB.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 We want to end the season now, states Fenmen chairman
- 10 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
PCSOs Sam Dyer and Michelle Poulter were on hand to postcode mobile phones and cycles. They sold handbag and shed alarms and handed out free children’s activity books.