GALLERY: Free children’s fun day at Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping Centre
FAMILIES flocked to the Horsefair Shopping Centre on Wednesday to enjoy a free children’s fun day.
As youngsters queued patiently to have their faces painted, they were entertained by a balloon modeller and took the chance to have a hug with Donald Duck.
Mr Rainbow performed two magic shows through the day at the Wisbech centre, with children watching in wonder as he made eggs appear and disappear.
Horsefair manager Kevin Smith said: “We had a wonderful turnout. This is the sixth year we have run the event at the end of the school holidays.
“The Horsefair put on this free community event and we are very pleased with the response. It is great to have the public space used for a community event right in the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
“Such a day brings people into town and that is what we need; it is very important.”
Other attractions included the 25ft high Spider Mountain climbing frame, recently shipped into the UK from America. Children also enjoyed making model dragonflies, with representatives of the RSPB.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
PCSOs Sam Dyer and Michelle Poulter were on hand to postcode mobile phones and cycles. They sold handbag and shed alarms and handed out free children’s activity books.