Gallery: Fenland 2009 round-up - News
THE countdown is now on to 2010 – but before New Year s Day arrives there s time to look back at some pictures that ran alongside Fenland stories from 2009. Over the next six days we bring you round-ups of the year – and the pictures have all been chosen
THE countdown is now on to 2010 - but before New Year's Day arrives there's time to look back at some pictures that ran alongside Fenland stories from 2009.
Over the next six days we bring you round-ups of the year - and the pictures have all been chosen by our photographer Brian Purdy.
We start our round-up with news - a year that saw Elgood's Brewery in Wisbech promote the 'Feelgood Factor', the former Mayor of Wisbech Councillor Jonathan Farmer take part in a pancake race and Fenland District Council's rubbish collectors turn detectives to find some valuable but stolen recording equipment.
Police were also busy smashing through people's doors in the fight against drugs, while one business packed up and left Wisbech after a spate of burglaries.
You may also want to watch:
Only a couple of weeks ago there was a rare snake go on-sale at DK Reptiles in Wisbech. That also features in our round-up.
You can look at all the pictures chosen by Brian at your own leisure by looking through our special gallery below.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
And keep returning over the next five days for Brian's round-ups of sport, school events, kids, pets and submitted pictures.