Gallery: Fenland 2009 round-up - News
THE countdown is now on to 2010 – but before New Year s Day arrives there s time to look back at some pictures that ran alongside Fenland stories from 2009. Over the next six days we bring you round-ups of the year – and the pictures have all been chosen
THE countdown is now on to 2010 - but before New Year's Day arrives there's time to look back at some pictures that ran alongside Fenland stories from 2009.
Over the next six days we bring you round-ups of the year - and the pictures have all been chosen by our photographer Brian Purdy.
We start our round-up with news - a year that saw Elgood's Brewery in Wisbech promote the 'Feelgood Factor', the former Mayor of Wisbech Councillor Jonathan Farmer take part in a pancake race and Fenland District Council's rubbish collectors turn detectives to find some valuable but stolen recording equipment.
Police were also busy smashing through people's doors in the fight against drugs, while one business packed up and left Wisbech after a spate of burglaries.
You may also want to watch:
Only a couple of weeks ago there was a rare snake go on-sale at DK Reptiles in Wisbech. That also features in our round-up.
You can look at all the pictures chosen by Brian at your own leisure by looking through our special gallery below.
- 1 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 4 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 7 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 8 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
And keep returning over the next five days for Brian's round-ups of sport, school events, kids, pets and submitted pictures.