GALLERY: ‘Fantastic’ turnout for Horsefair Centre’s Easter fun day
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children turned out for an Easter egg hunt while their parents browsed craft and gift stalls at the Horsefair Centre’s annual Easter fun day.
There were a host of free activities on offer for the youngsters - Uncle Mick entertained the masses with his Magical Punch and Judy Show and there was the chance to climb Spider Mountain.
Also, there was face painting, a fairground ride and balloon modelling.
To go along with the Easter fun, a car boot sale was held, which raised £260 for Wisbech Rotary Club.
Speaking about the event, centre manager Kevin Smith said: “It was brilliant. There was a fantastic turnout - 250 children took part in the Easter egg hunt alone - especially considering the cold weather.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great community event. This year we tied it in with a gift and craft fair on the market place and the car boot sale, which £260 for the rotary club. All in all, we’re really pleased.”
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 3 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 4 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 9 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 10 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail