Gallery: Dodgy Dubbers hold first Volkswagen show
A NEW Volkswagen vehicle owners club – the Dodgy Dubbers – held it first show and attracting hundreds of visitors. More than 60 VW vehicles were on show during the Spit and Polish fun day at Tilney St Lawrence playing field. Charlotte Baines a member of
A NEW Volkswagen vehicle owners club - the Dodgy Dubbers - held it first show and attracting hundreds of visitors.
More than 60 VW vehicles were on show during the "Spit and Polish" fun day at Tilney St Lawrence playing field.
Charlotte Baines a member of the club, said: "Our club has been running for around six months, and this was our first big event.
"We had great support, it was a fantastic day, and we are hoping to turn it into a weekend event next year."
You may also want to watch:
BMX freestyle champion Jason Bates performed during the event, thanks to sponsorship from Howdens of King's Lynn; and there was a range of stalls and refreshments available.
"There were lots of classic vehicles on show, from camper vans to Golfs, the oldest vehicle on the field dated back to the 1950's," said Charlotte. "We would like to thank everyone who sponsored and supported the event.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 8 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
"We are a family run club, there is something for everyone. We have cruises and competitions, and hope to run a Christmas function."
Money raised at the event will go to the club, and to Tilney St Lawrence village hall funds.
It is free to join the Dodgy Dubbers, and more information can be obtained from their website at www.dodgydubbers.co.uk.