Gallery: Dodgy Dubbers hold first Volkswagen show
A NEW Volkswagen vehicle owners club – the Dodgy Dubbers – held it first show and attracting hundreds of visitors. More than 60 VW vehicles were on show during the Spit and Polish fun day at Tilney St Lawrence playing field. Charlotte Baines a member of
A NEW Volkswagen vehicle owners club - the Dodgy Dubbers - held it first show and attracting hundreds of visitors.
More than 60 VW vehicles were on show during the "Spit and Polish" fun day at Tilney St Lawrence playing field.
Charlotte Baines a member of the club, said: "Our club has been running for around six months, and this was our first big event.
"We had great support, it was a fantastic day, and we are hoping to turn it into a weekend event next year."
You may also want to watch:
BMX freestyle champion Jason Bates performed during the event, thanks to sponsorship from Howdens of King's Lynn; and there was a range of stalls and refreshments available.
"There were lots of classic vehicles on show, from camper vans to Golfs, the oldest vehicle on the field dated back to the 1950's," said Charlotte. "We would like to thank everyone who sponsored and supported the event.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
"We are a family run club, there is something for everyone. We have cruises and competitions, and hope to run a Christmas function."
Money raised at the event will go to the club, and to Tilney St Lawrence village hall funds.
It is free to join the Dodgy Dubbers, and more information can be obtained from their website at www.dodgydubbers.co.uk.