Gallery: Dodgy Dubbers hold first Volkswagen show
A NEW Volkswagen vehicle owners club – the Dodgy Dubbers – held it first show and attracting hundreds of visitors. More than 60 VW vehicles were on show during the Spit and Polish fun day at Tilney St Lawrence playing field. Charlotte Baines a member of
A NEW Volkswagen vehicle owners club - the Dodgy Dubbers - held it first show and attracting hundreds of visitors.
More than 60 VW vehicles were on show during the "Spit and Polish" fun day at Tilney St Lawrence playing field.
Charlotte Baines a member of the club, said: "Our club has been running for around six months, and this was our first big event.
"We had great support, it was a fantastic day, and we are hoping to turn it into a weekend event next year."
BMX freestyle champion Jason Bates performed during the event, thanks to sponsorship from Howdens of King's Lynn; and there was a range of stalls and refreshments available.
"There were lots of classic vehicles on show, from camper vans to Golfs, the oldest vehicle on the field dated back to the 1950's," said Charlotte. "We would like to thank everyone who sponsored and supported the event.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 4 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 5 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 6 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 New mayor pledges to 'do Wisbech proud'
- 9 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
"We are a family run club, there is something for everyone. We have cruises and competitions, and hope to run a Christmas function."
Money raised at the event will go to the club, and to Tilney St Lawrence village hall funds.
It is free to join the Dodgy Dubbers, and more information can be obtained from their website at www.dodgydubbers.co.uk.