Gallery: Dodgy Dubbers hold first Volkswagen show
A NEW Volkswagen vehicle owners club – the Dodgy Dubbers – held it first show and attracting hundreds of visitors. More than 60 VW vehicles were on show during the Spit and Polish fun day at Tilney St Lawrence playing field. Charlotte Baines a member of
A NEW Volkswagen vehicle owners club - the Dodgy Dubbers - held it first show and attracting hundreds of visitors.
More than 60 VW vehicles were on show during the "Spit and Polish" fun day at Tilney St Lawrence playing field.
Charlotte Baines a member of the club, said: "Our club has been running for around six months, and this was our first big event.
"We had great support, it was a fantastic day, and we are hoping to turn it into a weekend event next year."
You may also want to watch:
BMX freestyle champion Jason Bates performed during the event, thanks to sponsorship from Howdens of King's Lynn; and there was a range of stalls and refreshments available.
"There were lots of classic vehicles on show, from camper vans to Golfs, the oldest vehicle on the field dated back to the 1950's," said Charlotte. "We would like to thank everyone who sponsored and supported the event.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
"We are a family run club, there is something for everyone. We have cruises and competitions, and hope to run a Christmas function."
Money raised at the event will go to the club, and to Tilney St Lawrence village hall funds.
It is free to join the Dodgy Dubbers, and more information can be obtained from their website at www.dodgydubbers.co.uk.