Gallery: Dance Mania pays tribute to Michael Jackson at cabaret show
A FENLAND dance group made its very own tribute to the King of Pop Michael Jackson at a sell-out cabaret show. Dance Mania s show included a 14-minute musical version of Jackson s hit song, Thriller.
A FENLAND dance group made its very own tribute to the King of Pop Michael Jackson at a sell-out cabaret show.
Dance Mania's show Get On Your Dancing Shoes even included a 14-minute musical version of Jackson's hit song, Thriller.
The show was held on Friday and Saturday at March Youth and Community Centre.
The first half of the show was a variety of music and dance genres covering musical theatre, swing, modern pop and more.
You may also want to watch:
But the second half was a tribute to Jackson, complete with a projection screen showing footage of the King of Pop while the cast performed.
It was the fourth show Dance Mania performed this year and featured youngsters who attend ballet and tap classes, through to teenagers and adults.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 7 Showcase status for Academy
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
Lisa Dickinson, of Dance Mania, said: "The entire cast and crew have worked extremely hard, many rehearsing since the middle of September."
But there's no rest for some performers because February 2010 sees the group's annual youth show which features every child and teenage member.
• A presentation was made at Friday's performance to Jenny Slingsby, who appeared in her last Dance Mania event. She has been a member since 1997.
PHOTO GALLERY COMING SOON