Gallery: Coldham Dog Show success
POOCHES did battle to find the prettiest and the most handsome in the area when a Fenland village held its first dog show on Sunday. The successful Coldham Dog Show and Fun Day held on the playing field in Station Road was organised by Coldham Residents A
POOCHES did battle to find the prettiest and the most handsome in the area when a Fenland village held its first dog show on Sunday.
The successful Coldham Dog Show and Fun Day held on the playing field in Station Road was organised by Coldham Residents Action Group and raised around £435.
The idea behind the event was to bring the community together and offer a fun day for all. Money raised will go towards providing the community with a new village hall.
There were lots of entries in the dog show and the agility obstacles proved a big hit with dogs and their owners. Categories included: best puppy, best rescue dog, best veteran, prettiest bitch, most handsome dog and best junior handler. There were also classes for the dog with the waggiest tail and the dog which looks most like its owner.
A car boot sale, bouncy castle and refreshment stalls also helped to boost the total.
Currently the village has two portable cabins which it is hoped can be transformed into a suitable venue for use by local organisations.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 10 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
There are plans to convert the two cabins into one space with new toilet and kitchen facilities. Cost of the project will be around £60,000 and almost half of that amount has been raised during recent years.