GALLERY: Clarkson Infant and Nursery School in Wisbech celebrates 60th birthday with giant picnic
- Credit: Archant
A school celebrated a landmark birthday by holding a massive picnic.
The picnic is one of a series of events staged by Clarkson Infant and Nursery School in Wisbech to mark its 60th birthday. Pupils and staff have also created a commemorative mosaic of artwork and planted bulbs in the shape of a 60 in the front garden.
Headteacher Susan Dowling said; “It was a lovely day. The children really enjoyed celebrating with a picnic.
“Every child and member of staff have contributed a tile to a commemorative mosaic and they’ve been learning about the history of the school.
“Children and staff have also all been given a commemorative mug for posterity.”
You may also want to watch:
The school was officially opened on October 20 1954 by the chairman of the Isle of Ely Education Committee.
From humble beginnings, the school now boasts 220 pupils. Its grounds contain a large sports field, a wild area and a sensory garden.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 3 Thieves conspired to steal over £1million worth of high-end luxury cars
- 4 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 5 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 6 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 7 Man jailed for trying to arrange sexual abuse of girls and woman
- 8 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash