GALLERY: Clarkson Infant and Nursery School in Wisbech celebrates 60th birthday with giant picnic
- Credit: Archant
A school celebrated a landmark birthday by holding a massive picnic.
The picnic is one of a series of events staged by Clarkson Infant and Nursery School in Wisbech to mark its 60th birthday. Pupils and staff have also created a commemorative mosaic of artwork and planted bulbs in the shape of a 60 in the front garden.
Headteacher Susan Dowling said; “It was a lovely day. The children really enjoyed celebrating with a picnic.
“Every child and member of staff have contributed a tile to a commemorative mosaic and they’ve been learning about the history of the school.
“Children and staff have also all been given a commemorative mug for posterity.”
You may also want to watch:
The school was officially opened on October 20 1954 by the chairman of the Isle of Ely Education Committee.
From humble beginnings, the school now boasts 220 pupils. Its grounds contain a large sports field, a wild area and a sensory garden.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in