GALLERY: Clarkson Infant and Nursery School in Wisbech celebrates 60th birthday with giant picnic
- Credit: Archant
A school celebrated a landmark birthday by holding a massive picnic.
The picnic is one of a series of events staged by Clarkson Infant and Nursery School in Wisbech to mark its 60th birthday. Pupils and staff have also created a commemorative mosaic of artwork and planted bulbs in the shape of a 60 in the front garden.
Headteacher Susan Dowling said; “It was a lovely day. The children really enjoyed celebrating with a picnic.
“Every child and member of staff have contributed a tile to a commemorative mosaic and they’ve been learning about the history of the school.
“Children and staff have also all been given a commemorative mug for posterity.”
You may also want to watch:
The school was officially opened on October 20 1954 by the chairman of the Isle of Ely Education Committee.
From humble beginnings, the school now boasts 220 pupils. Its grounds contain a large sports field, a wild area and a sensory garden.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown