Gallery: Christmas fever at Oasis Centre in Wisbech for Aladdin pantomime
CHRISTMAS fever came to the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech when an audience of 80 people enjoyed a performance of the children s classic Aladdin. It was performed by the Essex-based professional pantomime company Chaplins on Friday evening. A ra
CHRISTMAS fever came to the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech when an audience of 80 people enjoyed a performance of the children's classic Aladdin.
It was performed by the Essex-based professional pantomime company Chaplins on Friday evening.
A raffle helped to pay for the event and cuddly toys, left over from the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard Christmas Charity Fair, were used as prizes.
Oasis Centre manager Chris Stevens said: "It was an absolutely fantastic night's entertainment and we've had lots of good feedback. Unfortunately it clashed with the Wisbech Christmas lights switch on. Next year we will move it to a Saturday evening so we don't have the same problem."
You may also want to watch:
Oasis Centre newsletter editor Annie Appleby said: "I'd like to thank the local community for supporting this event and the Wisbech Standard for providing raffle prizes. I also want to urge people to lookout for future events being held at the Oasis Centre."
The centre will hold a craft workshop on December 23.
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 3 £1,000 donation will help bring school swimming pool back to life
- 4 LETTER: Why I quit as an independent to re-join Tories
- 5 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 6 Community order for woman who spat at police officer in 'vile assault'
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 9 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 10 Police seize e-scooter as part of action plan following hit-and-run
For more information, telephone 01945 428661.