Gallery: Christmas fever at Oasis Centre in Wisbech for Aladdin pantomime
CHRISTMAS fever came to the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech when an audience of 80 people enjoyed a performance of the children s classic Aladdin. It was performed by the Essex-based professional pantomime company Chaplins on Friday evening. A ra
CHRISTMAS fever came to the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech when an audience of 80 people enjoyed a performance of the children's classic Aladdin.
It was performed by the Essex-based professional pantomime company Chaplins on Friday evening.
A raffle helped to pay for the event and cuddly toys, left over from the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard Christmas Charity Fair, were used as prizes.
Oasis Centre manager Chris Stevens said: "It was an absolutely fantastic night's entertainment and we've had lots of good feedback. Unfortunately it clashed with the Wisbech Christmas lights switch on. Next year we will move it to a Saturday evening so we don't have the same problem."
You may also want to watch:
Oasis Centre newsletter editor Annie Appleby said: "I'd like to thank the local community for supporting this event and the Wisbech Standard for providing raffle prizes. I also want to urge people to lookout for future events being held at the Oasis Centre."
The centre will hold a craft workshop on December 23.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
For more information, telephone 01945 428661.