Gallery: Christmas fever at Oasis Centre in Wisbech for Aladdin pantomime
CHRISTMAS fever came to the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech when an audience of 80 people enjoyed a performance of the children s classic Aladdin. It was performed by the Essex-based professional pantomime company Chaplins on Friday evening. A ra
CHRISTMAS fever came to the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech when an audience of 80 people enjoyed a performance of the children's classic Aladdin.
It was performed by the Essex-based professional pantomime company Chaplins on Friday evening.
A raffle helped to pay for the event and cuddly toys, left over from the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard Christmas Charity Fair, were used as prizes.
Oasis Centre manager Chris Stevens said: "It was an absolutely fantastic night's entertainment and we've had lots of good feedback. Unfortunately it clashed with the Wisbech Christmas lights switch on. Next year we will move it to a Saturday evening so we don't have the same problem."
Oasis Centre newsletter editor Annie Appleby said: "I'd like to thank the local community for supporting this event and the Wisbech Standard for providing raffle prizes. I also want to urge people to lookout for future events being held at the Oasis Centre."
The centre will hold a craft workshop on December 23.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
For more information, telephone 01945 428661.