Gallery: Christmas fever at Oasis Centre in Wisbech for Aladdin pantomime
CHRISTMAS fever came to the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech when an audience of 80 people enjoyed a performance of the children s classic Aladdin. It was performed by the Essex-based professional pantomime company Chaplins on Friday evening. A ra
CHRISTMAS fever came to the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech when an audience of 80 people enjoyed a performance of the children's classic Aladdin.
It was performed by the Essex-based professional pantomime company Chaplins on Friday evening.
A raffle helped to pay for the event and cuddly toys, left over from the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard Christmas Charity Fair, were used as prizes.
Oasis Centre manager Chris Stevens said: "It was an absolutely fantastic night's entertainment and we've had lots of good feedback. Unfortunately it clashed with the Wisbech Christmas lights switch on. Next year we will move it to a Saturday evening so we don't have the same problem."
Oasis Centre newsletter editor Annie Appleby said: "I'd like to thank the local community for supporting this event and the Wisbech Standard for providing raffle prizes. I also want to urge people to lookout for future events being held at the Oasis Centre."
The centre will hold a craft workshop on December 23.
- 1 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 2 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 3 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 4 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 9 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
For more information, telephone 01945 428661.