Gallery: Children at Wisbech nursery school enjoy special story-telling session
CHILDREN at a nursery school in Wisbech enjoyed an exciting story-telling session when special visitors came to share their favourite stories.
The Nene Infant and Nursery School in Norwich Road held the event last Thursday as part of the school’s ongoing efforts to promote books and reading for all children.
The Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Nick Meekins was part a wide-range of the town’s community, including Wisbech Town midfielder Lewis Thompson, to give their time to help entertain and educate the school’s youngsters for the day.
Many arrived loaded with puppets, instruments and armfuls of books and stories to keep the children from the school’s daycare to Year 2 age-range amused.
Karen Crawley, the school’s head teacher, said: “We’re very grateful for everyone who volunteered because today was only possible due to their kindness.
You may also want to watch:
Government inspectors from Ofsted visited the school last June and said the contribution of outside speakers helped “bring learning alive” at the school.
The afternoon ended with a book fair for children and their parents where books could be bought. Money raised from the same will be used to buy new books for the school’s library.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 7 Showcase status for Academy
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain