Gallery: Children at Wisbech nursery school enjoy special story-telling session
CHILDREN at a nursery school in Wisbech enjoyed an exciting story-telling session when special visitors came to share their favourite stories.
The Nene Infant and Nursery School in Norwich Road held the event last Thursday as part of the school’s ongoing efforts to promote books and reading for all children.
The Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Nick Meekins was part a wide-range of the town’s community, including Wisbech Town midfielder Lewis Thompson, to give their time to help entertain and educate the school’s youngsters for the day.
Many arrived loaded with puppets, instruments and armfuls of books and stories to keep the children from the school’s daycare to Year 2 age-range amused.
Karen Crawley, the school’s head teacher, said: “We’re very grateful for everyone who volunteered because today was only possible due to their kindness.
You may also want to watch:
Government inspectors from Ofsted visited the school last June and said the contribution of outside speakers helped “bring learning alive” at the school.
The afternoon ended with a book fair for children and their parents where books could be bought. Money raised from the same will be used to buy new books for the school’s library.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader