Gallery: Aladdin Christmas Panto comes to Oasis Centre in Wisbech
CHRISTMAS fever came to the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech when an audience of 80 people enjoyed a performance of the children s classic Aladdin. It was performed by the Essex-based professional pantomime company Chaplins on Friday evening. A r
CHRISTMAS fever came to the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech when an audience of 80 people enjoyed a performance of the children's classic Aladdin.
It was performed by the Essex-based professional pantomime company Chaplins on Friday evening.
A raffle helped to pay for the event and cuddly toys, left over from the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard Christmas Charity Fair, were used as prizes.
Oasis Centre manager Chris Stevens said: "It was an absolutely fantastic night's entertainment and we've had lots of good feedback. Unfortunately it clashed with the Wisbech Christmas lights switch on. Next year we will move it to a Saturday evening so we don't have the same problem."
You may also want to watch:
Oasis Centre newsletter editor Annie Appleby said: "I'd like to thank the local community for supporting this event and the Wisbech Standard for providing raffle prizes. I also want to urge people to lookout for future events being held at the Oasis Centre."
The centre will hold a craft workshop on December 23. For more information, call 01945 428661.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 We want to end the season now, states Fenmen chairman
- 10 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail