Gallery: Acorn Nursery and After-School Club Fashion Show
MEMBERS of a Fenland pre-school and after-school club took to the catwalk and modelled a range of children s clothes – before persuading their parents to splash the cash. But 10 per cent of all sales at Friday s fashion show went to the Acorn Nursery and
MEMBERS of a Fenland pre-school and after-school club took to the catwalk and modelled a range of children's clothes - before persuading their parents to splash the cash.
But 10 per cent of all sales at Friday's fashion show went to the Acorn Nursery and After-School Club.
Twenty-eight members of the Chatteris nursery and after-school club modelled the clothes at the fashion show, held at Chatteris Working Men's Club.
The clothes were supplied by Benchmark Kidz and were sold after the modelling.
Toni Linehan, a fundraiser for the nursery and after-school club committee, said: "It was the first time I organised any form of fundraising event and it went really well."
A total of £150 was raised from the fashion show, but this was boosted on Monday when the nursery raised £200 from its summer fete.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
The money will be used to purchase a new climbing frame and slide for the nursery, or to build a sensory garden.