Gallery: Acorn Nursery and After-School Club Fashion Show
MEMBERS of a Fenland pre-school and after-school club took to the catwalk and modelled a range of children s clothes – before persuading their parents to splash the cash. But 10 per cent of all sales at Friday s fashion show went to the Acorn Nursery and
MEMBERS of a Fenland pre-school and after-school club took to the catwalk and modelled a range of children's clothes - before persuading their parents to splash the cash.
But 10 per cent of all sales at Friday's fashion show went to the Acorn Nursery and After-School Club.
Twenty-eight members of the Chatteris nursery and after-school club modelled the clothes at the fashion show, held at Chatteris Working Men's Club.
The clothes were supplied by Benchmark Kidz and were sold after the modelling.
You may also want to watch:
Toni Linehan, a fundraiser for the nursery and after-school club committee, said: "It was the first time I organised any form of fundraising event and it went really well."
A total of £150 was raised from the fashion show, but this was boosted on Monday when the nursery raised £200 from its summer fete.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
The money will be used to purchase a new climbing frame and slide for the nursery, or to build a sensory garden.