Gallery: Acorn Nursery and After-School Club Fashion Show
MEMBERS of a Fenland pre-school and after-school club took to the catwalk and modelled a range of children s clothes – before persuading their parents to splash the cash. But 10 per cent of all sales at Friday s fashion show went to the Acorn Nursery and
MEMBERS of a Fenland pre-school and after-school club took to the catwalk and modelled a range of children's clothes - before persuading their parents to splash the cash.
But 10 per cent of all sales at Friday's fashion show went to the Acorn Nursery and After-School Club.
Twenty-eight members of the Chatteris nursery and after-school club modelled the clothes at the fashion show, held at Chatteris Working Men's Club.
The clothes were supplied by Benchmark Kidz and were sold after the modelling.
You may also want to watch:
Toni Linehan, a fundraiser for the nursery and after-school club committee, said: "It was the first time I organised any form of fundraising event and it went really well."
A total of £150 was raised from the fashion show, but this was boosted on Monday when the nursery raised £200 from its summer fete.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
The money will be used to purchase a new climbing frame and slide for the nursery, or to build a sensory garden.