The results are in... here’s what people really think about town’s Marmite Christmas tree
- Credit: Archant
A controversial Christmas tree has divided a town in two as our survey reveals how many people actually like the Marmite installation.
Wisbech was gifted the less than traditional structure from Peterborough free of charge this Christmas after the city paid around £40,000 for it originally.
An article published in a national tabloid newspaper uncovered some residents’ frustrations with the new tree, labelling it “baubles in bubble-wrap”.
Comments have poured in online after one market trader, speaking to the red top, said the tree was “out of place” because “the town is not modern enough”.
He added: “It would fit better in the Kings Lynn area because it’s more modern.”
You may also want to watch:
We launched a survey to find out exactly how many people really liked the hand-me-down decoration and how many wished it never arrived.
Of the 300 who took part (at time of print), 57 per cent of people confessed to liking the town’s new addition, leaving 43 per cent outside of the fan club.
You can still have your say, email us a letter to: email@example.com to be in with a chance of having your comments featured in our newspaper.
- 1 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'