The results are in... here’s what people really think about town’s Marmite Christmas tree
- Credit: Archant
A controversial Christmas tree has divided a town in two as our survey reveals how many people actually like the Marmite installation.
Wisbech was gifted the less than traditional structure from Peterborough free of charge this Christmas after the city paid around £40,000 for it originally.
An article published in a national tabloid newspaper uncovered some residents’ frustrations with the new tree, labelling it “baubles in bubble-wrap”.
Comments have poured in online after one market trader, speaking to the red top, said the tree was “out of place” because “the town is not modern enough”.
He added: “It would fit better in the Kings Lynn area because it’s more modern.”
You may also want to watch:
We launched a survey to find out exactly how many people really liked the hand-me-down decoration and how many wished it never arrived.
Of the 300 who took part (at time of print), 57 per cent of people confessed to liking the town’s new addition, leaving 43 per cent outside of the fan club.
You can still have your say, email us a letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be in with a chance of having your comments featured in our newspaper.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 4 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 8 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare