Fundraising trio running London Marathon for Road Victims Trust
- Credit: Steve Frost / Richard Barker / John Bennett
A fundraising trio are taking part in the London Marathon and Virtual London Marathon this Sunday (October 3) to raise money for local charity, Road Victims Trust (RVT).
The charity provides emotional and practical support to the relatives of those killed on the road.
Steve Frost is running the Virtual London Marathon in memory of his son, Harry Frost, lost on the road in 2020.
“I’m not sure how our family would’ve coped without the fantastic support of RVT,” he said.
Inspector Richard Barker, a police officer, is running his first marathon.
“Invaluable support is given to bereaved families by trained counsellors from RVT," he said.
John Bennett will also be running the marathon virtually.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 4 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 5 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 6 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
John said: “Three years ago our family suffered a truly devastating tragedy.
“Without the help of RVT, my wife Hana would simply not be where she is today.”