Singing, dancing, popcorn and charity fundraising in Wisbech for Mary Poppins spectacular
- Credit: Archant
An all-singing and dancing Mary Poppins show with a classic twist raised £700 for charity at the Luxe Cinema in Wisbech.
The sell-out event, organised by the Wisbech Ladies Circle, took place on Boxing Day as Nine Lives Theatre Company performed songs and dances before the start of the latest box office hit.
Holly Gene performed songs on arrival from the original Mary Poppins and there was pavement chalk art by a local artist Andrea Taylor with cupcakes and a raffle.
Deputy Mayor Michael Hill attended and Wisbech Rose Fair Queen Ellie Myles.
The night went really well and almost £700 was raised for local charities.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech chair, Michelle Robinson, said: “It was great to be able to put on such an event for the local community but also to be able to give back to local charities.”
This was Michelle’s last fundraiser as chair, and her remaining five months will be spent making donations and volunteering locally before handing over to her vice chair in May 2019.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 8 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
She thanked her team for helping make the evening a success.