Fundraising concert hopes to raise funds to fix roof of St. Andrew’s Church in Walpole St Andrew
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising concert is being held to raise money to fix the roof of St. Andrew’s Church in Walpole St Andrew.
The Churches Conservation Trust have secured a grant with the Listed Places of Worship Roof Repair Fund, but £10,000 is still needed to complete the project.
After villagers heard about the project at a public meeting in April, a musical performance evening is set to take place in the church on September 9.
The fundraiser, titled ‘A ‘Corn-Uke-Opia of Entertainment’, starts at 6.30 pm and features Flukes Fenland Ukeleles and the Watlington Ringers, amongst others.
Samuel’s Farm Shop will provide a barbeque, and there will be a licensed bar throughout the evening.
There is no charge for tickets or admission, but donations are needed to repair the roof.
On October 21, St. Nicholas’ Chapel in St. Ann’s Street, King’s Lynn, will welcome Rock Choir Live to raise extra funds.
- 1 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 2 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 10 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
Starting at 7.30pm, almost 100 voices will sing in the Chapel. There will be a licensed bar, and tickets are £5 from www.wegottickets.com/event/413209
If you can’t attend either event, donate by banking at any bank or online to sort code 18-00-02, accoudn number 48329810, quoting the reference WAA. Or, alternatively, text ROOF02 to 70070 to donate £5.