Fundraising concert hopes to raise funds to fix roof of St. Andrew’s Church in Walpole St Andrew
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising concert is being held to raise money to fix the roof of St. Andrew’s Church in Walpole St Andrew.
The Churches Conservation Trust have secured a grant with the Listed Places of Worship Roof Repair Fund, but £10,000 is still needed to complete the project.
After villagers heard about the project at a public meeting in April, a musical performance evening is set to take place in the church on September 9.
The fundraiser, titled ‘A ‘Corn-Uke-Opia of Entertainment’, starts at 6.30 pm and features Flukes Fenland Ukeleles and the Watlington Ringers, amongst others.
Samuel’s Farm Shop will provide a barbeque, and there will be a licensed bar throughout the evening.
You may also want to watch:
There is no charge for tickets or admission, but donations are needed to repair the roof.
On October 21, St. Nicholas’ Chapel in St. Ann’s Street, King’s Lynn, will welcome Rock Choir Live to raise extra funds.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
Starting at 7.30pm, almost 100 voices will sing in the Chapel. There will be a licensed bar, and tickets are £5 from www.wegottickets.com/event/413209
If you can’t attend either event, donate by banking at any bank or online to sort code 18-00-02, accoudn number 48329810, quoting the reference WAA. Or, alternatively, text ROOF02 to 70070 to donate £5.