Fundraising concert hopes to raise funds to fix roof of St. Andrew’s Church in Walpole St Andrew
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising concert is being held to raise money to fix the roof of St. Andrew’s Church in Walpole St Andrew.
The Churches Conservation Trust have secured a grant with the Listed Places of Worship Roof Repair Fund, but £10,000 is still needed to complete the project.
After villagers heard about the project at a public meeting in April, a musical performance evening is set to take place in the church on September 9.
The fundraiser, titled ‘A ‘Corn-Uke-Opia of Entertainment’, starts at 6.30 pm and features Flukes Fenland Ukeleles and the Watlington Ringers, amongst others.
Samuel’s Farm Shop will provide a barbeque, and there will be a licensed bar throughout the evening.
You may also want to watch:
There is no charge for tickets or admission, but donations are needed to repair the roof.
On October 21, St. Nicholas’ Chapel in St. Ann’s Street, King’s Lynn, will welcome Rock Choir Live to raise extra funds.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
Starting at 7.30pm, almost 100 voices will sing in the Chapel. There will be a licensed bar, and tickets are £5 from www.wegottickets.com/event/413209
If you can’t attend either event, donate by banking at any bank or online to sort code 18-00-02, accoudn number 48329810, quoting the reference WAA. Or, alternatively, text ROOF02 to 70070 to donate £5.