Fundraisers at Fenland church delighted with turnout at Christmas tree and crib festival
FUNDRAISERS at a Fenland church were delighted with the turnout at their Christmas tree and crib festival at the weekend.
The Friends of Leverington Church held the event where around 50 trees were exhibited by businesses and individuals to raise money for the group.
Chosen charities, which included Combat Stress and Wisbech and District Cancer Support, also benefited from the event.
The group have been working hard to raise money for repairs and improvements at St Leonard’s Church in Leverington and are currently concentrating on redecorating the interior and repairing the porch roof.
David Crouch, a member of the friends of group, said: “It was a big success and I’d like to thank everyone who donated, the businesses who sponsored the event and the helpers who worked hard to organise the event.”
You may also want to watch:
The group are still unsure as to what the total amount raised over the weekend was.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk