Fundraisers at Fenland church delighted with turnout at Christmas tree and crib festival
FUNDRAISERS at a Fenland church were delighted with the turnout at their Christmas tree and crib festival at the weekend.
The Friends of Leverington Church held the event where around 50 trees were exhibited by businesses and individuals to raise money for the group.
Chosen charities, which included Combat Stress and Wisbech and District Cancer Support, also benefited from the event.
The group have been working hard to raise money for repairs and improvements at St Leonard’s Church in Leverington and are currently concentrating on redecorating the interior and repairing the porch roof.
David Crouch, a member of the friends of group, said: “It was a big success and I’d like to thank everyone who donated, the businesses who sponsored the event and the helpers who worked hard to organise the event.”
You may also want to watch:
The group are still unsure as to what the total amount raised over the weekend was.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 6 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 7 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart