Fundraisers at Fenland church delighted with turnout at Christmas tree and crib festival
FUNDRAISERS at a Fenland church were delighted with the turnout at their Christmas tree and crib festival at the weekend.
The Friends of Leverington Church held the event where around 50 trees were exhibited by businesses and individuals to raise money for the group.
Chosen charities, which included Combat Stress and Wisbech and District Cancer Support, also benefited from the event.
The group have been working hard to raise money for repairs and improvements at St Leonard’s Church in Leverington and are currently concentrating on redecorating the interior and repairing the porch roof.
David Crouch, a member of the friends of group, said: “It was a big success and I’d like to thank everyone who donated, the businesses who sponsored the event and the helpers who worked hard to organise the event.”
You may also want to watch:
The group are still unsure as to what the total amount raised over the weekend was.
- 1 Emporium takes business to next level
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'